PDA

View Full Version : Bummer, Sprained Ankle

alleyoop
11-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Or for all you Princess Bride fans, an 'A.O.U.S.'! So much for a Turkey Trot! On Monday I fell down a stair in the sidewalk outside of the kid beauty salon place (Oh yes, there was an audience to my stupidity). I was holding DD, navigating DS and just plain didn't see it coming. My ankle is SOOOO BIG, and swollen all the way up my leg even. Hurts like a %$&*^!

Luckily, the doctor who Xrayed it said that I could start running again in a week or so. I am starting to think that my left foot has bad karma, first the toe and now this.

Booo Hoooo.

On a lighter note, I am thankful for apple pie.

psophia17
11-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Oh no! Sorry to hear you're injured - here's to a speedy recovery :)

I'm a huge fan of The Princess Bride, but I don't know the A.O.U.S ref...is that for R.O.U.S., Rodent Of Unusual Size, or was there something I missed?

alleyoop
11-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I was thinking 'Ankle of Unusual Size.' Guess that was a reach, hugh?

THanks for the kind words, Petra!

snowangel
11-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Heather so sorry to hear about your ankle. Something similar happened to me the day before Halloween. We were at the $%*#ing pumpkin patch and I went over on my ankle on some uneven ground. I even dropped my 2 year old in the proces. URGH! I KNOW how frustrating it is!

All I can say is stay off it stay off it stay off it. That should be your mantra! I was on crutches for two days and then walked with a limp for a couple days. It is still swollen now but I am back to working out again, thank goodness.

Now go elevate that ankle and ice it!

erbono
12-08-2005, 01:31 AM
I am so sorry to hear this! I hope it heals quick. Your doctor is right that you should be able to start back up soon. Just take it easy. When this happened to me I bought a lace up ankle brace that was L shaped with hard plastic on the sides and it made a huge difference. I wore it for a while when I started running again and eventually stopped using it. This was when I was training for a marathon and I completed 2 marathons with no ankle pain at all.

About the Trail of Lights. This week is too cold so I don't feel up to braving it. My dd also has a recital at 4:30p that evening at Westwood HS. Plus my dad is coming up for dinner. Full of excuses aren't I?!?!

Are you interested in playing Bunko sometime?