PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 11/21 :)

JulieL
11-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Well I'm officially back!!! :) And I'm here to report - grin!

Monday -nada
Tuesday - 45 min strengthening w/PT
Wednesday - 30 min wak
Thursday - 30 Cathe Total body sculpt
Friday - 30 cardio on treadmill - which included jogging 1 mile :)
30 pyramid style upper body workout (still hurting!)
Saturday - nada
Sunday - 45 min pyramid style lower body workout

I'm sssssoooooooo excited to be active again. For Christmas DH & I got a gym membership! We are making it a priority to be fit - and to help make time for each other to workout. What excites me the most is that I don't have to wait till 9 to workout at home if I don't want to. And food this week - I'm not talking about it ;)

psophia17
11-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Yay! Welcome back Julie - I'm so excited you're so excited :)

My week was so-so. My crazy project for my crazy boss finally got finished on Friday afternoon, so I was up late every night and exhausted during the day. I did my best to keep active, but it was so hard.

I went for a long walk on Thursday morning, and a short walk on Friday and Saturday both, but Saturday was spent making Christmas decorations with family, and lots of goodies were eaten...so I negated any good benefits from the challenge...Baileys and coffee is just so darn tasty, you know?

Anyhow - since it was a holiday week in the States and the beginning of my holiday decorating in Canada, I think I did well overall. I'm sure we all fought for control at least a little :)

chiqanita
11-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Hi and thanks for the check-in! I really need this to keep me honest.

M - Sa: Walked 30 minutes + cool down on treadmill. Went to the Park on Sunday.

M - F: Ate fruit each day

M - W : No treats in my house!

M - F: Ate my veggies.

M - F: Drank all my water

I hang my head down for the following:

Th-small slice of pumpkin pie that I didn't finish and two spoonfuls of bread pudding
Fri-med eggnog gelatto
Sat-some caramel chews, chocolate cupcake
Sun-pumpkin pie gelatto and 1/2 a brownie

I feel better today and I'm back on track.

kath68
11-28-2005, 08:00 PM
This week is a blur, and could have been better. Did some kind of exercise most days, though. Yesterday I spent 3 hours doing yardwork in beautiful fall sunshine. That felt pretty good.

Now for the bad: Veggie-eating is a disaster. Too many cookies.

But, I have been really good about fluids, so that helps.

Today is a new day! Am going to the gym tonight. Will literally exercise my tushie off!

crayonblue
11-29-2005, 09:30 AM
We were at my IL's almost all week. No exercise and sort of bad eating. But, this is a new week!

Lynnie
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Welcome back ! I think we all needed a little nudge that your excitement brought. Or, at least I did !

Last week. Hmm...

Well, on monday I did 60 min strengthening at rehab, with 30 minutes of fast walking. Other than that, I just hung out with the kids, and lugged them to football games, the backyard, the neighbors house, the park, etc. And sat on my duff and had to get alot of work done.

As far as food, I concentrated on not eating all the pie, only having one and a half slices of pizza, etc.

Not a banner week, but it could have been much worse had I not been aware of food choices and all, so I am not going to beat myself up about it. In fact, I did pretty well on the food front, and just need to find/make the time to get a low impact work out in.

jerseygirl07067
12-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Wow Julie, it's like you never left us! :) Way to go on your return to fitness!

Last week was not great. I managed to get in two cardio workouts on the bike, one for 60 mins, one for 75 mins. I tried to get in two weight workouts before we went out of town but was unsuccessful. My return to part time work has been quite stressful, as I'm putting in lots of extra hours, since it's taking me so long to do all of my computerized documentation. I'm hoping to be over the learning curve soon.

I must do weights this week! That is my goal, to get in a Cathe Pyramid upper and lower body workout. Weights are what have made the difference for me this time around.

And I am happy to report that I went to the Gap today on my never ending mission to find a sexy fitting pair of jeans.....and I am now officially a size 6!! I have gone from a tight fitting size 12 to a size 6 in six months!!! Woohooo!!! I also wound up trying on some cute black dresses I had from 10 years ago (that I almost gave away last year because I thought I'd never fit into them again) and they fit!! I couldn't believe it!!! I was almost ready to resign myself to buying size 14, but no mas!!!

Now I just need to keep it up...:)

Marcy