PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Check In Anyone?

chiqanita
11-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Hanging in there but falling into old habits of emotional eating. Haven't given in but I've been cruising the fridge and pantry looking for something to eat.

My challenge:
1. Drink water -- okay but not drinking enough
2. Exercise 30 minutes a day (walk) -- didn't on T or W :(
3. Eat veggies for dinner -- YES!
4. No treats in the house -- You know it! Well, I don't have treats in the house.
5. Eat fruit -- Yup!

I've acquired a taste for one of my DH's treats, International Instant coffees (hazelnut). I've had one every day since Friday and 2 today. I guess it's become a treat for me....and I am NOT a coffee drinker!

kath68
12-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Right there with ya, sister!

1. Drinking water -- doing pretty well. When desperate for something other than water, I cut some juice with mostly water.

2. Exercise -- doing really well on this one. Exercising most days. Hit a bad patch right before T.Giving, but have been better since then.

3. Veggies. I suck at veggies. Had a heapin helpin of broccoli (gogolee, according to DS) tonight with dinner

4. Treats. There is a *huge* tub of butter cookies in my office kitchen, maybe 20 steps from my desk. I haven't touched a single one, and they have been there for days. That is amazing for me. As for the home baked cookies my friend gave me on Saturday...we won't talk about those.

5. Fruit -- I do pretty well with fruit. DS is a big fruit eater, so I share with him.

So all in all, I am at a net positive (or should I say negative? I am trying to lose weight, after all!)

Keep it up, cyber buddy!

psophia17
12-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah! I had a much better day today than usual...

I drank 3 (3!) pots of tea...I was cold, they were tasty, and I don't even care that I had honey and milk in them all, I only had a little bit.

I think I've covered my liquids intake for today...

And as a bonus, I ate two mandarin oranges and an apple. And carrots! And salad!

It's easier to do better all-around if I don't feel obligated to do so...