PDA

View Full Version : Week 11/28 check in....

jerseygirl07067
12-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good week! Mine was not really great, but not totally horrible either. I've been having a really hard time lately since I'm going through the back to work transition. In fact I'm wondering how the heck I managed to be so consistent in the past. Now I feel like life is so much more chaotic.

I've actually been somewhat less motivated too lately since I've now surpassed my goal weight (by 4 pounds!), but I need to keep it up since I've worked so hard over the past 6 months!! I don't want to backslide. Plus, I have to remember how much BETTER I feel when I work out, and how much better it is for my health. It's not all about weight loss! :)

Nutrition started off not so great at the beginning of the week since we got back from vacation and didn't go food shopping right away. We finally went late last week and stocked up on good healthy stuff once again.

Workouts could have been better, but I got a few days in:
Mon/Tues/Wed - nada
Thurs - bike 40 mins
Friday - Cathe Pyramid Upper Body, abs, bike 30 mins
Sat - nada
Sun - was planning on Pyramid Lower Body but procrastinated until nighttime, and then it didn't happen. I just couldn't miss Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy, the only two shows I watch faithfully nowadays! So in other words, nada!!

I hope to be better this week. How did everyone's week go?

Marcy

psophia17
12-06-2005, 10:52 AM
I did well on my tea/water challenge...particularly the tea part, but we have been battling a broken furnace (the guy comes today to fix it) and doing Christmas shopping, and making plans for Christmas and DS's birthday, and all the rest of the holiday stuff, so have fallen off the nutrition and fitness wagon. I'm going to get back on though...

I've never had holidays be so time-consuming before...I love it, but I won't be completely ready until some time in late January! ;)

JulieL
12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
It was a good week for me, although I couldn't fit in as many workouts as I wished. My stepmother's father passed away last week after dealing with alzheimer for 10 years. It was a relief for the family knowing he was in a better place and that he would no longer be plagued by the downfall of this disease. Nevertheless it was an emotional week for my step-mom, step-sister and their family. I visited the family as much as possible and went to the wake and funeral although it took a whole hour just one way to go - which is hard for a mama with a newborn. Soo I only got in three workouts, BUT I think I did a good job fatiguing my muscles - I figure that from the pain (OUCH) I've had all week from my weight lifting.

Monday -nada
Tuesday - nada
Wednesday - 45 min upper body and 5 min abs
Thursday - nada
Friday - 30 cardio which included jogging 1 mile faster than last week, and 30 of standing and floor lower body work (resistance)
Saturday - 1 hour of lower body weight lifting w/some resistance work too
Sunday - nada

Glad to see you are doing well. Marcy - it looks like you did get in a decent week regardless of t.v. ;) Petra - yes the holidays are extremely crazy. Every year I tell myself to have NO expectations from the week before Thanksgiving till the week after New Year, and if I do workout to call myself blessed! But this year I'm making more of a priority, got some jeans I want to wear again - SOON! :)

chiqanita
12-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi - I'm doing alright. Sort of lost the fizzle and trying to get motivated again.

MTF Walked 30 min +

Ate my veggies everyday.
Ate my fruit everyday.
Drinking water but not as much as I should be. I sort of forget.
I still haven't purchased treats for the house.

On the other hand, that little temptress is back in a larger size no less.
DH has a large box of the extra large oatmeal creme sandwiches. I did have one on Saturday but haven't had another since.

Oh, and I'm drinking at least one Int'l coffee daily. They are so yummy even though I'm NOT a coffee drinker. I guess I'm an Int'l coffee drinker.

Here's to hanging on to the challenge!
ETA: I did walk to the park on Saturday and we ran around after the boys for about 30 minutes.

kath68
12-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Way to go everyone!

I'm doing okay. Not great, not bad.

Still drinking and peeing up a storm.
Still good with the no food after 9:00 rule, which in itself is probably responsible for any weight I lose! I am such a late night snacker!

Veggies are a little better, but not by much. DH is in charge of dinners most nights, and he is not a veggie guy. I am grateful for what he is doing, so I try not to interfere too much. We have frozen veggies I can easily add to the mix if I need to. I just don't. That's on me.

As it has gotten colder/wetter, I have shifted to gym workouts after work. DH is now consistently picking up DS from daycare so I can do this. Now I have to just get my a$$ out the door of my office in time to fit the workout in.

As for treats, let's just say there was a little incident with a key lime pie on Sunday. I have been remarkably good with the snacks that seem to always find their way into my office kitchen, though.

Considering how I normally eat during the holidays, I am definitely doing great.