PDA

View Full Version : Week 12/19 check in...

jerseygirl07067
12-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Well, considering this was the week before the holidays, it went pretty well. Aside from the decadent holiday desserts which I indulged in, eating went pretty well. I tried to stick to whole foods and healthy lean proteins and good complex carbs during the day, and that way if the sweets were around at night, I felt like I could indulge a bit.

I have noticed a big pattern with my eating though. If we run out of stuff and fall behind on our grocery shopping, it's so easy to start grabbing crap to eat. It's really amazing how planning ahead really keeps you on the wagon, so to speak.

So off tomorrow I am to the grocery store, since we are out of lots of the good stuff!

Workouts went well, would have liked another weight training session but IMO, a great week for being right before the holidays!! I usually slack from mid december to after the new year.

Mon/Tues - nothing, got last minute shopping done
Wed - Cathe Pyramid Lower Body (upped my weights and man I was sore again!)
Thurs - Bike 30 mins
Fri- rest
Sat - 40 minute morning run (woohoo, much easier to do this being lighter!)
Sun - 40 minute morning rapid walk

How did everyone do? I hope you all had a great holiday! :)

Marcy

psophia17
12-27-2005, 01:55 AM
I did pretty well this week, all things considered.

I went for 2 pretty long walks, and Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve certainly counts as a workout.

My meals were pretty healthy, too, I think. I can't remember what they were, but I'm pretty sure I didn't go crazy on junk or candy until Sunday night...

ETA: At Christmas dinner at the ILs, Uncle Larry and Cousin Chuckie (both in their 50s) spent some time telling me how great I looked - it was a big ego boost :)

chiqanita
12-27-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm a little bummed about my challenge. :-(
Still having upper back and neck pain.
Still under treatment and therapy.
Still no exercise per doctor.
I must admit, I haven't done well at all.
I even gained a couple of pounds.
And worst of all, I'm not allowed to lift my twins...26 & 28 pounds. :-(

Re-focusing today. Going to kick some 'hiney' on the water intake, veggie/fruit intake, and last night I tossed the remaining *junk* into the garbage. Well, not junk but some yummy Marie Callendar pie, some birthday cake, and all other goodies go to work with DH.

Hope my doc clears me to start walking again this week...cross your fingers.

Hanging in there!

JulieL
12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
So it was a Merry Christmas and I rather enjoyed the holiday.

My week went well considering the holiday season. Food is still not being mentioned from me ;) - but the sweets are almost gone so that is a good thing! ;0

Monday -nada

Tuesday- upper body pyramid style 1 hour - upped weights too :)

Wednesday- nada

Thursday- Cathe pyramid lower body, and the floor work from Gym Style legs = a wopping 1 hour 15 mins for lower body!

Friday - nada

Saturday - 30 min upper body pyramid style up only

Sunday - I ate :)

Marcy - good job on your week!

Petra - walking is wonderful for you and a good way to keep moving when you'd rather sleep! :)

Chiqanita - I hope things get better soon!