PDA

View Full Version : Week 1/2/06 Check In

psophia17
01-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Alrightly ladies!

Now that the holidays are good and over (phew!) we can all get back on track. My last week was not so great...

For me, I've been really feeling ill, and doing my best to not down quarts of ice cream and egg nog (the two foods that have so far helped keep nausea at bay), instead I am having a spoonful here and a spoonful there. We'll see how that goes. But this morning I realized that my fruit cravings have kicked on, so that's great...still waiting to see when the nausea will fade away, though...hopefully soon :)

As far as fitness, until DH has a job, I can't go to the gym, so I'm trying to come up with some stuff to do at home besides walking. Any ideas on tapes or DVDs for pregnancy? I want to stay strong, continue to increase my flexibility, and be physically ready to VBAC, if I can...thanks!

How did you do last week?

crayonblue
01-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm excited to say that I had a great week! I rode the exercise bike everyday this week for 30-45 minutes except Saturday! I feel great and think I look a tad bit toner. I also stayed away from sweets until Friday. My goal is dessert only once per week.

jerseygirl07067
01-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Lana - Way to go on your week!

Petra - hang in there, the fact that you're still here with us is a good thing! I don't have any good pregnancy tape/DVD recs, but I bet Julie will :)

My week started out well, opposite of my kicking it up a notch as the weekend approaches. I have to do another weigh in, but have remeasured myself. I have lost another 1/2 inch or so around my waist and hips. I was surprised since I've been eating more these days, and also with the recent holidays. Overall I have lost over 5 inches from my hips and about 4 inches from my waist. Yipee!

Eating was decent, got in lots of fruits and veggies and then slacked off a bit last night. There was a going away party for my boss and DH and I went (one of only a few times we have ever gone out sans kids) and suffice to say I took advantage. A few glasses of wine and then a stop on the way home to get some Dove Promises. I was good though, ate a bunch, then gave the bag to our babysitter. Otherwise I would have eaten the whole bag..

Fitness for the week:

Mon - rest
Tues - bike 30 mins
Wed - Cathe Slow and Heavy biceps and triceps, ab workout, 12 mins bike at high intensity
Thurs - Cathe Pyramid Lower Body and ab workout(I'm almost doing as much weight as Cathe, and for the first time in a while wasn't sore afterward) I was going to do Slow and Heavy Legs again but it seemed a bit hard on my knees last time. May try it again next week.
Fri/Sat/Sun -rest ( I really wanted to do Slow and Heavy Chest and Back but it was a very busy weekend :( )

My goal this week: 3 cardio sessions and 3 weight sessions.

Hope everyone has a good week! Let's kick it up a notch!

Marcy

JulieL
01-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Well last week I shot myself in the shoe doing something I know better than, but had forgotten about...

I started drinking a small cup of coffee in the afternoon on top of my morning coffee to make it through the day. Well it took 4 nights of Miriam not wanting to sleep to clue me in that the coffee was bugging her **durrrr**! So needless to say my week was shot. I'm still tired from last week! Still have sleep issues with Miriam but I won't bore those with you here!

Somehow I still got in three good workouts:

MOnday - Tuesday: nada

Wednesday: Pyramid Uppper Body - 55 min

Thursday: nada

Friday: Pyramid Upper Body - 55 min & abs

Saturday: nada

Sunday: PYramid Lower Body - 55min

Ok, I'm gonna try like the dickens to get back to 4 workouts this week and shoot for 5 workouts. I'm gonna try some cardio if I can!

Lana, way to go on the biking!

Petra, keep up the good progress, I'll post on videos for you

Marcy, sounds like you are really building some good muscle! It's so rewarding to see those weights increase!!!

jerseygirl07067
01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Julie, hang in there with the sleep issue. Julia definitely was not a good sleeper initially either. It seemed like there was a button under my pillow that the minute I put my head on it, she would wake up. It got to the point where I started not being able to fall asleep myself, since I always expected to be woken up at any minute.

It will pass though, and you are doing a phenomenal job! 3 pyramid workouts is great IMO!

Marcy

kijip
01-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Went to the Y to workout 5 days and attended cardio classes 4 of those days! The cardio classes are kicking my butt but totally give me energy to do other stuff and are keeping me perked up mentally.

Food is ok. I am still not eating as often as I should be or as well as I should be but I am drinking plenty of water and eating more regularly than I was in December.

psophia17
01-11-2006, 12:45 AM
What kind of cardio are you doing? I started with step and it was killer - and then the total body conditioning totally kicked my arse, but they were so invigorating.

There's a 6-week learning curve to get the moves right...but once you get there, ah the sweet spot :)

kijip
01-11-2006, 02:23 AM
I have done Step, a Body Shop class and a Step+Resistance training class called Free to be Fit...subtitled "A class for larger women taught by a large woman". Yikes. None of it is new to me as I have done step before but man, I am in much worse shape than I was even 6 months ago! The classes are good because they are more interesting than stepping up and down on a stair master or running in place on a tread mill. And they force me to warm up, cool down and stretch out. Just tell me that flexibility can be regained? Please, there is some hope that my high kick will become a high kick again?

JulieL
01-11-2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.progressiveparent.com/Pregnancy_postnatal_exercise/Pregnancy_Workout.htm

my girl friend loved this one, I didn't do it but have the post partum one to try still - i'll give a review when I can

Walk away the pounds I've heard is doable, also look on www.collage-video.com under pregnancy. Most pg videos are easy and doable, I only acutally bought one and did it once. I just did my old workouts and modified when I needed to. I hope this is somewhat helpful. I personally believe walking is the best bet cause it's not so overwhelming to do and easy to keep up, (well depending on the day ;) )

eta: try renting these first or get them on nexflix if you can so you can try them before buying

chiqanita
01-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Glad you gals are hanging in there.
I am eating my veggies and fruits. I'm even drinking my water. I took 2 short walks last week and took the boys to the park for some fresh air.

On another note, I was cleared to start exercising by my chiro but had a setback and a lot of PAIN! I'm getting somewhat frustrated and disheartened. I've had this pain for about 3 weeks now. Not as severe but still very there especially at night making it difficult to get a good night's rest. One of my little guys has a stomach virus with cramping making him scream at all hours of the night, too. I find it difficult to even change diapers on my 16 m.o. twins let alone take some time to get on my treadmill. When they're down for naps I curl up on my big comfy couch and rest or I visit the BBB.

Sorry for the downer. I'm just trying to hang on to something so I won't be a complete failure at this.