PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Question

abigailsmom
01-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I need a new athletic shoe for a class that I am taking in school... I am going to get fit one way or another!!!!!

I need it for walking/running, aerobics, and inside on a dance studio floor. I was thinking about a cross-trainer, but I thought I would consult with you ladies as to what you think.

I would also appreciate any shoe brand/model recommendations. I am completely unloyal to a shoe brand. I currently have New Balance for my everyday tennis shoe, but I honestly bought them because I liked the way they looked.

Thanks in advance,

jerseygirl07067
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a cross trainer would do well. Or a good pair of running shoes. Not sure what you're doing on the dance studio floor, and I know nothing about dance :) so don't know if I can help much in that dept.

I have a hard to fit foot, (very narrow) so I actually recently spent the extra money and got fitted at a specialty running shoe store. A really good store will look at your feet, measure you, watch you walk, and determine if you overpronate,etc. IMO, if you're going to be doing any impact type of activity, it's a good way to go. Cross trainers usually have a bit more stability to them compared to running shoes, but running shoes are generally more lightweight.

New Balance shoes are actually great shoes, and they come in various widths too. I have a pair of Asics that I love too.

Good luck on your search. Also, if budget is an issue, you can often save money by buying last years colors, styles, etc. at an outlet store or online. I used to wear Reebok Run DMX shoes when I ran several years ago, and would buy them for $39 bucks at the Reebok outlet store, compared to the steep $110 bucks they charged retail.

Marcy

abigailsmom
01-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks so much... that is how I got my New Balance, but I think that I will just deal with the extra cost to get fitted and buy a great shoe. I have VERY bad knees and I don't want to do any further damage.

Thanks again,