PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to pop in and update

Aunt to sweet baby boy
01-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I just wanted to pop in here and update everyone on whats going on with me. If you read the lounge board last week you would have heard that my mother was in the hospital for 5 days. She came home on sunday and is doing great. I am doing ok. I am a member of WW but i have NO time to go right now because of my school and work schedule, i am trying to figure it out. I have decided to start going to the gym again, and early in the morning at 6:30 because if i do not go then i know i will not go i get way too tired at night. I spoke to them today about getting a trainer but the manager was not in yet so i am having an appt tomorrow to have an assessment and then start sessions. I am planning on starting with 1/2 hour sessions 2x per week and then going 2 other days on my own, and if i am up to it 3 other days on my own, but i want to start 4x per week. I need to do something to lose weight and this may be the only thing that will work so i need to try it!

I am going to try to post some more on this board, you all inspire me!

I will let you know how my appt goes tomorrow

Thanks for listening

Ilana

Lynnie
01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
So glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital.

And let me tell you, YOUR post is inspiring me !! (and exhausting me - way to go !!)

jerseygirl07067
01-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Glad your mom is doing better!!

When you have limited time try the following: do exercises that work SEVERAL muscles at once. Push ups, squats, lunges are good choices. Or stay in a squat while you do bicep curls for example You'll get a better return for your efforts in less time. Also, when doing cardio, try interval training, where you have short bursts of more intense activity. You'll boost calorie burning this way. Also, if you can do this without passing out, try to do cardio first thing in the am before you eat. Since you deplete all of your glycogen stores in the 7-8 hours you are sleeping, fat is the primary energy source you will be burning. I do this a lot. I have read in a few places that you will burn just as much fat doing 20-30 mins of cardio first thing in the am, as you would doing longer cardio later in the day. Obviously for heart health, as your schedule becomes less hectic or on days when you have the time, it is good to try to do longer cardio sessions.

HTH a bit!
Marcy

Marcy