PDA

View Full Version : Ok, they say use it or lose it

kijip
01-13-2006, 12:20 AM
and I have lost it. Totally lost it. I have decent stamina with cardio and it is coming back quickly (I never stopped walking so that probably helped). I have lots of strength (kept my muscle toting Toby I guess even if I did add a layer of fat). But my flexibility is GONE. I can barely touch my toes, my high kick is a little toe lift and my V sit is all but me sitting with my legs straight out in front of me. I have no idea how long it will take to get a semblance of flexibility back as I was always pretty limber until these last 2 years or so. I wonder if there is a good tape that goes over all flexibility increasing stretches? I need more than I get at gym classes and I am too unmotivated to do my own set, I will need a video to watch or something. It totally affects my balance, my lower back etc. How long should I stretch for at a time? How long does it take to see results when going from 0?

psophia17
01-13-2006, 03:47 AM
It'll come back, I promise :)

The best thing I ever did for flexibility was to lay on the floor, with my bum against the wall, and my legs up on the wall. I'd open up, and gravity would do the stretching for me. All it takes is some stretching - regular, and repeated, and you'll get it back. I promise :)

JulieL
01-13-2006, 11:13 AM
This has gotten good reviews - looks comprehensive.

http://shop.cathe.com/product_p/641.htm

It'll come back - just have to start ;)

jerseygirl07067
01-15-2006, 03:27 PM
I would try to hold each stretch for 30 seconds or so, longer if you'd like, and do each one at least twice. Also, if you notice that you have to all of the sudden take a deep breath while you're in the stretch, keep with it, as your tissues further stretching and releasing.

I too found that I was very tight after not doing any stretching for a while. After a few weeks I noticed a difference.

Marcy