PDA

View Full Version : Week 1/9/06 check in....

jerseygirl07067
01-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Got in a pretty good week last week, exercise wise. I actually didn't eat as well, ate a lot of sweets, but hope to get back on track with healthier eating this week. I was just having so many cravings that I caved in to. Normally I replace cravings with blueberry/raspberry type smoothies but wasn't in the mood for them much. I think the return of AF has contributed to the cravings, and I will continue to try to eat better. It seems that bad eating perpetuates the cravings. Healthier eating tends to minimize them for me. :)

Workouts:

Mon - 30 mins bike
Tues - 30 min walk
Wed - 30 min bike
Thurs - rest
Fri - Lower Body and Upper Body workout, Ab workout (I am still sore today actually!)
Sat - Bike 40 mins
Sun - wanted to do weights again, but I was still too sore (love it though, makes me feel like I really worked hard !)

How did everyone's week go?

Marcy

bcky2
01-16-2006, 10:16 PM
i had a great week!!! i followed the south beach diet and loved it. i didnt work out at all but got back on track with that today :) i cant wait till next week when i can start adding back some fruit. i did loose 5lbs so i was really excited about that. the only problem that i am having is water, i am only getting in 6 glasses a day :( but i do also drink milk and 2 cups of hot tea so i know that helps.

here is to another great week!!!!!

kijip
01-17-2006, 02:20 AM
I had a pretty decent week. 4 times to the Y for classes and a couple of nice long walks with Toby in the stroller. For food, my appetite is coming back and whenever I get hungry at a time that is not a meal (2 or so times per day) I eat a small bowl of Cheerios or oatmeal and a cheese stick. I need to diversify those snacks but so far it has been good. Meals are ok but I am guilty of not cooking at all unless Toby is with me---so the nights Toby was with J I just ate another bowl of cereal for dinner or worse, skip eating. Great. Not good.

Stretching is the goal and not so much sucess there. I stretched with each of the classes but only 2 times on my own and I still can barely reach my toes. It is embarrassing.

Lynnie
01-17-2006, 02:21 PM
I had an ok week.

I don't recall eating like a total pig, and went to rehab two times at lunch, so that was sortof working out.

got the stomach flu sunday, which really was awful, but lost another two and a half pounds (which I can really see) so now I am down five and have five to go, and am really motivated. I especially want to tone everything up, but will work up to it.

The doc said that I don't have spondoly- whatever in my back, the mri showed that the x ray was wrong, its just a torn ligament (?) so I am pretty psyched about that, and hope the rehab starts to work soon so I can get back into working out. Am going to ask my PT to help me figure out what I CAN do in the meanwhile to get a good workout. And the CORRECT knee brace was finally approved by my insurance company, so it'll be ready in about a week. I think the stars are in alignment for me to finally get with it again, and I feel ready !!

I know this is last weeks post, but so far today I have been very good. (and will have forgotten by next week and need all the positive reinforcement I can get).

Now, if I could only remember the password on my ticker to change it ! :)

annasmom
01-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Hi, I know this is a late reply, but better late than never, right! Anyway, my week didn't start until about Wednesday because I was also recovering from the stomache bug that has been striking everyone.

On Wednesday I did 20 minutes on the eliptical (you have to start somewhere), Friday I did 20 minutes on the eliptical and then went to a Stroller Strides class. I didn't do anything over the weekend, but I have been really good this week so I will be excited to report next Monday.

I haven't really been watching what I eat, I think I am in denial. I don't snack at all so I guess I just don't think it's a problem, although I probably have some portion control issues, and I should definitely be drinking more water.

I actually do not own a working scale, have to go get one of those. I hope you all have a great week!

JulieL
01-18-2006, 11:12 AM
I worked out 3 times last week, which I was bummed because I so wanted to get in 4 at least, but it didn't happen...again. sigh....

I did:

Monday - my own freestyle lower leg workout 35 min

Wednesday- Pyramid Upper Body

Saturday - Pyramid Lower Body at the gym

and that's it - I just have to many other things I have to do, not to mention I'm beat at 8:30 and usually in bed around 9:00. I'm trying to get DD to sleep on her own, she only does about 3-4 hours a night. I too am trying the laying her down deal to let her get a schedule - hasn't worked yet, but she's only 3 months old so hopefully by 4 months it will click. I REALLY need that hour or two in the evening to get MY stuff done!

Eta: I just orderd another Cathe video set: Muscle Endurance/BootCamp!!! I can't WAIT FOR IT TO COME!!! I NEED to burn off this last layer of fat, not to mention I need to work on my abs! I have Muscle Endurance on tape but want the DVD for Bootcamp and for the premixes! Now I have to sell on ebay my beginner/intermediate DVD's of Cathe and my Muscle Endurance tape to pay for my new DVD - told DH I wouldn't spend extra money on workouts for a while.

Eta #2: I'm waiting for the better weather to get my cardio in more regular by running with a jogging stroller. So now I'm concentrating on strength, though I'm ready to change my rotation.

Eta #3: I ate to many sweets last week so I'm on a no sweets run for two weeks - OUCH! I may cheat only with splenda or a hershey's kiss - I'll let you know how it goes ;)

JulieL
01-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Lynnie THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!! I SO hope you can start to truely rehab SOON!!!

Lynnie
01-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks ! You don't know how incredibly psyched I am... or, actually, maybe you DO !

I probably said this in my post, but I really feel like everything is finally lining up for me to get back into shape, and it is really motivating me. I brought my ipod to work today, and walked even faster over to rehab (probably a little under a mile away) with the music pumping, and my therapist was thrilled about the good mri results. She said she hopes to get my back under control in 2-3 weeks, then start me on the training part, and then I'll join the gym. I am going to make it a priority, and just schedule it in to my day. Even if its just going over to do 30 minutes of cardio after work, or before if DH can take the kids in, it'll all add up together. Plus, it puts me in such better spirits !

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement !

psophia17
01-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Just a heads up that I'm taking a few weeks off from MommyFit...I don't have the energy, and food tastes like sawdust anyhow.

You all keep up the good work, though, and drink your water!

Lynnie
01-18-2006, 10:27 PM
I'll miss your posts here, but just take care of yourself. What a rough time for you - <<mommy fit hugs your way !!>>

JulieL
01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Petra we'll miss you, jump back over when you feel up to it! I hope you feel better soon! ((((HUGS))))

jerseygirl07067
01-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Petra, I'm thinking of you...I'm so sorry to hear about the news. We'll miss you.

Marcy