PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 1/16

JulieL
01-23-2006, 10:38 AM
My week was bla. Ben had two on call days this week. What that means is for a medical student that he stays at the hospital to observe and workup extra patients if there are any. So he comes home around 10:00 after leaving around 5:00 a.m. in the morning. Needless to say it makes us all tired and fitting in a lot of extras for the week just didn't happen - WHEN WILL SPRING BE HERE???? I need warm weather to get in walks or runs on my own!

So this is it:

Monday: 1 mile 1/2 hike with family pretty slow moving - only counting this cause I really felt my calves the next day!
Tuesday-Wednesday: nada
Thursday : 30 min on elliptical, 180 various lunges, 5 mins abs
Friday: nada
Saturday: 20 min Gym Style legs, then Miriam fussed, 10 min of a Perfect Postpartum workout, then Miriam fussed and I had to stop
Sunday: nada, had family time

Sooo, it wasn't much, BUT... I measured myself and weighed myself, and in the last aprx 3 weeks I lost 2 lbs and lost A WHOLE INCH in my natural waist line and around my naval!!! So I must be doing something right! I should get my new Cathe workout DVD today too!!! I'm SSOOOOO excited!! Here's to a new rotation this week

bcky2
01-23-2006, 01:48 PM
it sounds like you are doing good to me julie :)

i finally started working out last week!!!
mon, tues, wed, fri: 1 mile walk away the pounds(20 mins) and 10 mins on my gazele

thurs-rested

i did great on the beach :) i sooooo love the eating plan and am finding it very easy to eat healthy. i start p2 today so that is exciting. i am adding back fruit this week and maybe one day have a sb wrap meal as a treat :)

my scale moved a little bit this week but for now i feel so good working out and eating right, that is what matters to me at the moment :) i really need to measure myself. here is to another good week!!!!!

chiqanita
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Hello there. Been a couple of weeks since my last check in. Trying to do as much as I can with my current *issues*....had a relapse on the neck/shoulder/back pain. Going to see an ortopedic doc, hope they can help me with getting stronger. Still seeing chiro...4 more visits.

Anyway,

Mon - Fri Drank lots of water, unsweetened hot tea, fruits and veggies...that's the good part.

I walked twice, 20 minutes and 45 minutes.

I'm doing okay on the sweets, none in my home but have had gelato on weekends.

I have not touched my scale since late Dec/early Jan. :o

I'm hanging in there but wish I could do more.

**Julie:You sound like you're really doing well, good job and keep it up!
**Bcky2: Good for you on starting the workouts!

ET to add something spectacular!!!! I just stepped on my scale because I said I hadn't touched the scale in so long. Somehow I lost 4 pounds! Awesome! I still have quite a few to go but this was a pleasant surprise.

psophia17
01-23-2006, 04:54 PM
I think I'm back, ladies...I'm revamping my planned stuff as of next Monday, and last week was mostly off...but I did alright and want to share.

Sunday - felt like crap, didn't eat much, started spotting.
Monday - really felt like crap, ate lots of ice cream, found out about my blighted ovum and gone pg.
Tuesday - walked an hour round trip in the rain to go get my bloodwoork done with a headcold, couldn't eat
Wednesday - horrid and horrible headcold, still not eating, but drinking lots of tea
Thursday - a gorgeous day, walked to get my 2nd round of bloodwork done, and then walked extra because it was gorgeous. DS and I also spent a lot of time in the park, and had McDs for a snack...I can taste it again. OB called after I got home, I don't have an ectopic or any other health issue to deal with, which lightened my load.
Friday - another hour walk, this time to DS's ped, where we found out he's just got a lingering cold. Then we walked more, as it was a gorgeous day again.
Saturday - weighed myself...decided on a new plan for fitness starting next week.

My new plan - I've been stagnant at this weight (180ish) since August, and I'm done with that. Last weekend, I weighed 185, so that is my new starting weight, for my new ticker. My goal is still 160. I'm going to develop a new workout plan that involves DS going to childminding at the community center 2x a week while I take 2 classes. I also have to walk there and back every time, since I have no vehicle now that DH has a new job and can't carpool in. Also, it's already spring-like here in the Pacific Northwest, so I can get outside lots...provided DH doesn't drive away with the stroller, like he did this morning.

I'm feeling really good - I want to feel strong again.

jerseygirl07067
01-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Way to go everyone! Sounds like you are all doing well! Petra, we are glad to have you back. Chiquanita, hope things are feeling better, keep up the good work, Becky, way to go on the SBD, and Julie, congrats on your weight loss! Very motivating!!!

I actually had my worst week since starting working out 7 1/2 months ago. I didn't do squat, with the exception of mowing the lawn for an hour with our manual push mower, and then another hour of yard work after that on Saturday. I found I had insatiable carb cravings, but think it was more the need to "crunch" for stress relief, as I have been interviewing with other home health agencies recently. I find the whole interview process to be stressful, since it means the possiblity of leaving the big hospital system I have worked for for the past 12 years. Leaving my comfort zone I guess...Plus, I'm always skeptical of other companies since there are still a few unethical ones out there that spoil it for the rest of us.

It's amazing though how eating poor quality carbs increases your appetite for more, and sets up a vicious cycle. So after this crappy week, my goal if for this week to be my best one yet! I've already had a good workout today, but I can't post til' next week!

Here's to a better week! :)

Marcy

kijip
01-24-2006, 04:22 AM
Pants that I bought in early January are too big! I am not sure if I have lost any weight or rather how much but loose clothes are a good sign.

I am have been way better about eating more regularly but I have let the Cokes and juice slip in more than they should. Goal for this week? Diet cola. No sugar sodas and no juice.

Exercise is the same--walking plus the Y 4 times (T, Th, F, Sun). Even tried to stretch at home. Doing better there as I get my core working again!

annasmom
01-24-2006, 08:05 AM
First off, I have to tell you I am so impressed with all of you! I know there is a lot going in your personal lives for some of you and I think that you are doing a tremendous job!

I haven't dieted at all, but I did finally start exercising.

Monday: 20 minutes elliptical
Tuesday: 20 minutes elliptical
Wednesday: Stroller Strides class
Thursday: nada
Friday: Stroller Strides class
Saturday & Sunday: nada

I know I should have exercised on the weekend. Why do my weekends seem more hectic than the weekdays??

I have tried the South Beach diet before and am thinking about maybe doing it again. I never lost more than 5 pounds on it though. Even if it doesn't work that well, I am thinking it may make me think more about what I am eating overall. Maybe next Monday I will start.

Good luck!

Lynnie
01-25-2006, 10:45 AM
hey everyone ! sounds like we are all getting there, even if its (like me) slowly but surely !!

I went to visit my sis in houston, so the weekend was pretty much shot, exercise-wise, but I bought a Cathe pyramid tape on e-bay (Julie, let me know when you list yours, so I can bid!) and I am psyched to start that. Have not weighed myself yet, so don't know if I went up a bit, but if I did, it wasn't much. Am going to start the fat flush for two weeks on monday, then may morph into the body for life (am turning a big birthday number on friday - gulp - so will probably splurge a bit !). In my mind, WW makes more sense, but I need stricter guidelines to get me started.

mon- holiday. did nothing
tues- did back exercises at home
wed- walked fast to pt, and had a good workout
thurs - did back exercises at hone
fri- walked fast to pt, and had good workout

I was pretty good eating-wise. all in all, I feel good, and am ready to keep going and pick up the intensity with the exercise (back permitting) and keep the bad eating habits to a minimum.

Can't wait to try the cathe tape !!

dotgirl
01-29-2006, 03:51 PM
You guys are all doing so much better than me! I still haven't been able to find time to exercise - DH is working on his MBA so he's crazy busy with that, and DS hates when I treadmill. So I can either get up at 5am to do it (not happening!) or do it after 8pm (but I'm so exhausted by then, that also doesn't happen). I have such admiration for you guys who can muster the will-power to work out!

I did get a Pilates work-out DVD, so I'm hoping that DS will be ok with that - it will keep me in his "play" area with him, and he might enjoy doing the movements with me. We'll see!

I did have some positive stuff though - I've been doing Weight Watchers for about 3.5 weeks and I'm down a total of 7.9lbs. My goal is to lose 30lbs by my birthday (early April), so I think I'm on target to do that - especially if I can get some exercise in. Hopefully once the warm weather comes and DD starts taking DS for his nightly walks again, it will be easier. (But I live in Seattle - the rainy season lasts til June!)