PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 1/30

JulieL
02-07-2006, 10:02 AM
ended up having a decent week with a total of 4 hours working out, but had to pack it in, in three days:

Monday: nothing

Tuesday: 40 mins lower body weight machines at gym + lunges, etc, 20 min speed walking on level 9 incline, 5 min abs

Weds-Friday: nothing

Saturday: 1 hour pyramid upper body at gym, 30 min elliptical

Sunday: 50 min lower body weights + lunges, squats, etc; abs 5 min or so ; 35 min elliptical

I still have some toning to do especially my thighs, sigh... (went to a store to try on a skirt, bad lighting, sigh things aren't as firm as I want them, will not go back to that store again ;) ), but things are shaping up over all. And really I'm pretty happy, no one comes out of a pregnancy looking like a model - even models! How are all of you?

bcky2
02-07-2006, 05:00 PM
i had a good week. i worked out only two and a half hours this week but that sure beats all the weeks that i did nothing :) i have lost a few lbs and my clothes are getting looser. i just really need to work on what i eat, but then again af came for a visit yesterday so i had a few days of cravings in there ;)

julie, all i can say is wow! keep it up!

psophia17
02-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Just a heads up - my back is out and I can't sit to type...will post when I can!

Drink your water!

JulieL
02-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks! :)

Congrats on the lbs lost! Oh and that AF, she can continue to stay away from me for a while longer - PLEASE! :0

JulieL
02-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Petra how did your back get put out? You sure are having a rough time! I hope those men of yours, are treating you good!

jerseygirl07067
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh, yes, AF, that wonderful two faced friend....I'm on month 2 of that and yes, I have cravings now I didn't have before.

Last week seemed to go well, I ate well for about 70% of the time, and managed to monitor portions to some degree last weekend as I ate one of my favorite foods in the whole wide world, pizza!!! I managed to order a slice with spinach and extra tomato for the antioxidants in addition to my favorite love, plain cheese. And BTW, I am a pizza snob...will not be caught dead eating at any type of pizza chain...it's mom and pop/family owned pizza places for this ex-jersey girl...and it better be good otherwise I ain't coming back!!

Anyway, fitness for the week...I pumped it up the last three days of the week as the first part of the week was quite busy:

mon-thurs - nothing
fri- bike 30 mins
sat- upper and lower body strength training
sun- bike 50 mins and abs workout

This week has been yucky for me, I've been sick and sleep deprived..but I guess I don't have to post that til next week!

Oh, an afterthought...I think pizza is very healthy in MODERATION. The cooked tomatoes in the sauce are extremely high in lycopene, much moreso than fresh tomatoes. The only drawback is that due to the olive oil (again healthy) and cheese (some health benefits) it is calorically dense.

Man...I can justify anything, can't I?

Pizza for everyone!! (just say no to deprivation, and yes to healthy eating for the laung haul)

Marcy

psophia17
02-10-2006, 06:29 PM
They're being good to me...this is my first day on the BBB this week, except to post here...

I think what happened was on Saturday night, DS was up and coughing in the middle of the night, so I brought him to bed with us to settle down. I fell asleep, and he started poking me in the eye. So I went to put him back in his room, and mistakenly thought (I was asleep, remember) that I could still pick him up in one arm and roll out of bed with him in one arm. Not so, apparently, with my 35-lb baby. The next morning something wasn't quite right, and by that night, I was flat on my back in bed, hopped up on painkillers, and feeling all-around terrible.

It's now Friday, and it still hurts like crazy. When I walk, my spine has an S-curve. I can feel exactly the spot it's out of alignment, and have been unable to crack it (this is the same spot that always goes, and cracking it does the job). I'm going to get good and drunk tonight, and hopefully, like back in college, I'll be able to wrench it back into alignment...cross your fingers for me that it works...

kijip
02-10-2006, 09:13 PM
I had a so-so week last week. I cut empty carbs a soda by A LOT which feels great. My appetite was ok but not great so I was still very much eating maybe 2 times per day which is not the healthiest option. Exercise was good overall with walking and 4 trips to the Y. Still did NOT stretch as much as I should. Grrr.