PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me this will stop! (may be TMI)

janeybwild
02-10-2006, 03:29 PM
For a variety of reasons, I’ve had enough of my body the way it is and I want myself back. So, I decided to start training for a 5K race in the Spring. I haven’t run since before DD#1 was born. Today I started. After a few minutes it was apparent that “things down there� were not doing well. I was soaking. I ended the run after 10 mins because I couldn’t stand it any more. Went to the bathroom, and nothing. Now, I’m sitting in my office, going commando, because I didn’t pack a spare pair of undies. Please tell me this will stop! I have been doing the kegels but somewhat halfheartedly since I didn’t think I had a problem. Ouch. Any advice or encouragement? I was so excited to actually strap my shoes on, now I feel hideous and down.

npace19147
02-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Hmm, don't have any personal experience with this but it's been long enough since your baby that you might want to talk to your ob about this...might be able to recommend a solution. I'm training for my first 5k in April and can't imagine doing it with that particular problem - good luck!

jerseygirl07067
02-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Definitely talk to your OB and also try stepping up the Kegels. If that doesn't work, there are actually PTs who specialize in treating urinary incontinence. It sounds funny, but they use biofeedback to help retrain the muscles as well as little weights that you have to put in and try to hold, as well as other exercises.

Don't feel bad. I actually peed myself in high school during a 5-K and just a few years ago couldn't do jumping jacks in a kickboxing class I took because I kept leaking. And that was BEFORE kids. Things seem to have gotten a bit better, but we'll see..

Good luck. :)

Marcy