PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to officially join this board!

mattysmom
02-13-2006, 03:38 PM
I'd like to officially join you all - maybe by posting here I will be a little more accountable and make some progress!!

Some background:
I have 2 boys - almost 3 (this sat!) and 10 1/2 months. Before I got pg with #2 I was in great (for me) shape, but gained 45+ lb and did NO exercise during the pg. I lost 10ish lb within the first month, then another 10 over the next few. I tried working out with a trainer back in the fall, but my boys have the WORST sleep habits and I was always too tired to do the heavy lifting required by my trainer and quit going in October. I also did WW and met my goal (heavy) weight in December and am now a lifetime member.

But, now my goal is to lose another 10 lb and get into better shape (back to my pre-pg weight/size) - I'm going to be very depressed to be hiding in big clothes for another summer - and I have no excuse now.

My biggest obstacles are:
1. I sleep on average 3-4 hours/night - usually not in a row - between my two boys I am up multiple times (I know this is a post for another board) so I am usually EXHAUSTED during the day.
2. When I'm tired I tend to overeat - especially carbs.
3. My DH (and ds) loves sweets, junk food, etc - so it's SO hard to be in the house with so much yummy food that I shouldn't eat!

I'm thinking about trying to get myself back to WW meetings on a weekly basis - one meets right before my ds's gym class so it's convenient to go... And, I'm working REALLY hard to get myself to exercise some more - starting with cardio and soon to add some weights since I know that will make a big difference.

Thanks for any advice and support and I hope to be helpful to others here too!

Thanks!
Mattysmom

bcky2
02-13-2006, 04:24 PM
welcome!!!!! i have a question for you. do you find it hard to follow ww now that you have reached life time? do you still count points? i have done ww oh, about 10 times and always poop out with the excuse that i cant count points forever. i would love to hear how you do it if you dont mind sharing :)

btw: omg on the sleep. if that was me i would be lucky to be up on two feet! my oldest turns 4 on monday the 20th, doesnt time fly........

JulieL
02-15-2006, 10:38 AM
WELCOME!

It sounds like you have a good idea where to start! You absolutely can slim down for the summer! So let me get this straight you only get 3 or 4 hours total of sleep??? WOW, I would pass out! I only get 3 or so hours in a row, often less but that's broken up from 10-7, more than what it sounds like you're getting, and I'm TIRED!

Glad to see you joining up! :)