PDA

View Full Version : Tip for those losing weight but carrying a belly!

kijip
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Emabarassing? Maybe. Helpful to me? YES!

My dilemna has been that I am losing enough weight so that my "fat pants" are too loose but I don't want to make a huge investment since I have more to lose. And while my legs and torso are fairly trim, I have a TOTAL jelly belly. This means that I had to buy large sizes that were them huge and unflattering on my legs just so they would fit my belly. Yuck. Made me feel heavier than I was. I found some no panel maternity jeans from the Gap in my closet that I bought on sale early in my last pregnancy (ended in m/c) that I had never taken back (still had the tags on them). These things are perfect-- flattering on the leg, cute styling and have a regular zip fly and they have a totally hidden adjustable waist so I can tighten it in as I lose inches. I am *nearly* shrinking out of those 2 pairs so when I was checking out the GAP sale today I got 2 more pairs 2 sizes down for just $16 or so a pair. They really do not look maternity and they are slim through the leg. Sheepish to be shopping maternity while not pregnant or TTC but a very affordable and workable solution to my dilemna. Stylish plus size jeans are pricey and my belly is still a couple of sizes larger than the rest of me. Hope this tip helps someone find some flattering pants for Spring.