PDA

View Full Version : Posting week of 3/6/06.....

jerseygirl07067
03-14-2006, 02:15 PM
This past week I had a lot of activities going on, so no "formal" workouts, but more playing, which was so fun!! I am happy to say that I did play a double header of softball on wednesday of last week and got in lots of running and sprinting. I then played basketball on Sunday for an hour or so, as well as jumped on the neighbor's trampoline. I was not tired, or sore that night or the next day, and wasn't even winded from sprinting around the bases, or running up and down the driveway. It felt really good. I feel like I have gotten into really good shape.

My goals for this week are two cardio sessions and two weight training sessions.

Hope everyone has a good week!! How was last week for everyone?

Marcy

JacksMommy
03-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I actually managed to get two step workouts in over the weekend, thanks to DH who graciously watched the kids. My body is hurting from all the impact, though.

I've been just horrible about eating. I feel like an alcoholic who goes on a bender right before going to rehab! I'm playing around with starting WW and have been calculating the points just for the food I'm eating and yowza! And then I go get some icecream. Sigh. I need to really make a committment to dieting NOW.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

psophia17
03-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi all :)

I'm still working on getting back into the swing of things here. My back is still sore, but that's not a surprise, but I feel really weak. I need to get myself back to the gym, and pronto.

Last week was really miserable weather, so no actual exercise got done, although I had big plans to walk. I lost several pounds, though. Between a stomach bug and some emotionally draining stuff that happened, I couldn't eat for several days.

But that's okay - I'm on the mend now, and am working on getting back into fighting form.

Lynnie
03-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi everybody

I of course forgot most of last week, but vaguely recall it being ok. nothing stellar, but I didn't eat pounds of chocolate or anything. so that's something !

I did the elipse at PT on all three days, and it felt great. And I went to the tennis court on sunday, and hit the ball against the wall for a little but that is about it.

I think I am going to start going to the adults tennis clinic on wednesday nights, just need to figure out the logistics. So much more fun to play than to do a "formal" workout ! Just getting out there this week on wed with DS1 for his very first lesson was great - put me in such a good mood. He was so cute, and actually did a good job, and loved it. (if I don't get back into it, he'll be beating me in a couple years. well, maybe by age 8, but we can't have that) We had to practice hitting in the back yard yesterday after work cause he wanted more tennis. and after a good shot (ie the ball hit the swingset or something) he would kiss his raquet.

Think I'll put goals in for next week, too, so I have something to shoot for:

(1) I will do at least two Cathe (or other) workouts at home with the tv
(2) I will go to the gym at least two times, and do at least 20 minutes cardio on the elipse each time, or do 30 minute power walks outside with or without boys
(3) I will take 20 minutes before bed to do my back exercises four nights out of the seven. (seven/seven would be better, but need to cut myself some slack)
(4) while we are at it, I think I'll add to remember to drink at least one huge glass of water every two hours at work.

kinda a mini challenge... anyone else up for one ?

JulieL
03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
It was a bla week, only one 30 min workout in, with some family walking as well though. This week is going some better already :)