PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 4/17/06....

jerseygirl07067
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Yay! I think I'm finally back in the swing after my mini hiatus.
Anyway, eating was fair, as I overindulged on birthday cake all week. Julia turned one last wednesday, but was afraid of her little smash cake...but someone had to eat it! Buttercreme gone to waste is a terrible thing.

Fitness is slowly getting better. I got in two days of walking for about 45 minutes, and yesterday did Cathe Pyramid Upper Body. I haven't done it in 6 weeks and could barely move my arms afterward in the shower yesterday! Today I feel sore, and a bit tight....but it feels good! I forgot how much better I feel when I lift weights.

I did Cathe Pyramid Lower Body this morning, but darn, that doesn't count until next week's check in!

How did everyone's week go?

Marcy

psophia17
04-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Welcome back, Marcy, you were missed :)

My week went pretty well, all things considered. DH and DS have finally recovered from their lower GI things, and although I've got the remains of a headcold, it's not stopping me.

Let's see, Mon-Wed was a bust for fitness, but after that I did great:
Thu - went for 1 hour walk with DS, my gf and her kids
Fri - another long walk to get my immigration paperwork to the post office (the first one I tried was closed, so we had to walk to the next one)
Sat - one of my best friends from college came for the weekend, so we left the house at 7:30am (DH, DS, friend, and myself) and we went to breakfast, UBC gardens, Locarno Beach (we saw a whale or maybe a sea lion there!), Stanley Park, English Bay, out to lunch, Stanley Park, and then drove up to Whistler BC, where we did a ton more walking but no eating
Sun - went for a walk local to the house, for about 2 or so hours

I feel absolutely amazing - it was so gorgeous this weekend, and we got so much fresh air. Slept great, didn't wake up a gazillion times to pee, and had very minimal icky pg feelings even during the drive up to Whistler.

Nutrition is again pretty easy for me - if I overeat while pg, or eat things that aren't all that good for me, I feel disgusting, but if I eat healthy(ish) things, I feel good. Even though I'm craving carbs these days, one piece of toast will do where I used to be able to down 4...let's hope this keeps up.

JacksMommy
04-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I had a pretty good week as well - I stayed within my points without going into flex points which has been harder since I just went down in the allowed amount of points. The good part is that I'm actually losing weight, so that is thrilling. I'm feeling good about my body again, which is refreshing although dangerous since it's likely to lead to me slacking off.

Fit in three serious workouts and I sort-of workout since I went with a bunch of other mommies and our kids on a "hike" which involved a lot of waiting around for the little ones. But we covered some ground so I think that counts, right?

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

psophia17
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Carrying kids and equipment turns a stroll into a cardio workout...I'd say it definitely counts :)

JacksMommy
04-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah, I DID have my 23 lb DD in her mei tai on my back - thanks, Petra!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

chiqanita
04-24-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm doing good all around. Walking daily with my guys in their Bob...I'm so glad we bought that thing, it's just so much easier and enjoyable now.

When I get a chance I'be been doing some floor work, no not mopping and vacuuming, crunches and leg lifts...feels good.

I'm finding it difficult to take in water, don't know why really maybe just not thinking about it. I'm trying.

MayB
04-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Another good workout week, another so so food week. I did my strength training program four days this week (am up to doing two circuits and have the time it takes down to 30 minutes) (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and walked two miles three times (Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday). Was good on my points for the week but the weekend once again killed me. Why can't I master the art of doing well with food and exercise at the same time?

mmaimp
04-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Not a good week for me. I had DH and younger DS sick, AF and too much Easter candy in the house. I'm still counting points and hoping to make this a better week. Up one pound, back on the wagon for me.....

Aunt to sweet baby boy
04-26-2006, 12:42 AM
This past week was really hard. It was Passover and there was tons of unhealthy food over the holiday. Then on Friday when it was over we were so glad to have "real" food again that i pigged out again. I have not gotten to the gym yet. I could not get out of bed this morning, i was about 20 minutes late to work. I have a appt with my trainer on Thursday for 1 hr, i am dreading seeing how badly i am going to do after missing 2 weeks with her......

Hopefully tomorrow will go better for me

Thanks for listening,

Ilana

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]

Lynnie
04-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I am almost back in the swing of things again... not quite.

I exercised one day and did PT two days. And I walked with the kids, but not much (Can't lie on mommy fit. just wouldn't be right). And probably did my home exercises at least once or twice.

Eating was ok.

This past week (next week's post) will probably be as dismal unless I get my act together. And had one of those mirror moments. Ugh. Even smaller sized people can look pretty yucky if they are not toned. (As I sip my protein shake and type this....)

Did buy a bike trailer thanks to all the input to my question in Lounge, and am excited to try it out. :) So, hopefully I will be posting bright and early on monday to say what a great time I had riding on the weekend towing my chubbster in the back.