PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/1...

jerseygirl07067
05-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Slowly getting back into my workout routine. Last week was pretty good as far as exercise. Eating was fair, as my appetite was absolutely ravenous. I am finding that I am a big stress eater, with the tendency to crunch and munch. I was having one of many stressful phone conversations with my dad last week (we do not get along well) and as I was on the phone I grabbed a bag of Pepperidge farm cookies (we never keep this crap in the house, but the bag was free with 3 bags of goldfish. D@mn you, Pepperidge farm!) Anyway, I ate almost the whole bag. I am going to really try and take note of this when I am in stressful situations so that doesn't happen again. Perhaps keeping a bag of peeled carrots would be a good substitute, LOL!

Workouts:
Mon/Tues - rest
Wed- Bike 25 mins
Thurs - Bike 25 mins
Fri - rest
Sat - walked for an hour
Sun - Cathe Pyramid Lower Body (man, I am SORE today!)

On an nice note, I went shopping for shorts. I used to be a size 10-12 before babies, and a bit more after. Well I fit into a Juniors size 5! One brand I even fit into a 3, but I'm sure the brand ran big. Woohoo! Gotta keep these legs in shape for summer!

My weight has remained steady after my 30 pound loss this past year! I am really where I want to be, though wouldn't mind getting my stomach a bit more toned!

How did everyone's week go?

Marcy

psophia17
05-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Yay Marcy! Way to go!

A novel from me this round - sorry! I'm finally over a hump of some sort.

Nutrition was very good, I'd say I'm losing about a pound a week right now (this is what happened when pg with DS, too). I have plenty to spare, so this is no big deal, and all I crave is fruit - pineapple, strawberries, mango, anything with a bit of sweet and a lot of sour. I've been working hard to get in some protein, too, and calcium is difficult given that milk and dairy turn me off bigtime, with the possible exception of cream cheese, which I have run out of (phooey!).

Fitness is going really well. We're home-hunting again, and we want to stay in this neighborhood, so I'm doing a lot of walking as I go look at places with DS in tow. I can't remember which days I went last week, but I sure did a lot of walking.

My back finally feels like it really is back in alignment, and now the only back-related problem I'm having is that my right leg is constantly sore. It feels like a slow stretch from heel to hip is going on with every step I take, so the more walking I do the more it stretches, and the more achy it feels on a regular basis. I know this is good (and it does feel good), but it's also something I'd like to not have going on any longer, IYKWIM.

mmaimp
05-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm down a pound. Still struggling with staying in my WW points range. Thank goodness most of the candy is gone! I've tried to do something every day outside with the boys. Last week was really nice so we walked around the block a few times each day. I also cleaned my basement this weekend and did some gardening. None of it was aerobic but still move movement than I usually do.

I would like to loose 8 more pounds before our beach trip in June.

JulieL
05-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Last week was pretty good, though I wanted one more day for the week, but sometimes it's just not doable.

Monday: legs weights on machines and free weights - 1hour

Thursday: elliptical 30 min, 1.5 mile run

Saturday: 3 miles run (I'm really excited about this, as I haven't ran this far since last summer!)

That's it, here's to a good week this week :)

JacksMommy
05-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Eh. Food was definitely tough as we had out-of-town guests and social situations are my downfall diet-wise. I just can't stay away from the bread and cheese platter!

DD's ear infection saga continues and I was so exhausted Wed tha I had to leave my step class after 10 minutes - just couldn't hack it. So that really threw off my points. :(

And of course the scale hasn't budged in two weeks. I know it's normal to plateau but it's so much harder to be restrained when it doesn't feel like it's doing anything.

On the positive side, people are starting to notice my weight loss, so that's helping me stay motivated.

Sigh!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04