PDA

View Full Version : Question about The Firm

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-16-2006, 05:06 AM
Okay, everytime I see my self naked the Wiggles pop into my head singing "It's a Wiggle-y Party" Not pretty!!

I was doing some late night feeding/reading here last night and see that many of you liked the firm. I have never exersized in my life, not even sure how to SPELL the word. If I wanted to try the firm would there be a tape for me? What should I buy, just the step and a tape? Is this more of a toning thing or a weight loss deal? How long will it take to see a small result? How many times a week is optimal?

Thank you for any guidance!

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

JulieL
06-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi Susan!

The Firm is a GREAT place to start! It was The Firm that started me working out regularly for the first time in my life when Anthony was 4 months old.

I had gained quite a bit more weight I should have for my size, I'm only 5'1" so weight gain is big deal on my small frame. Sooo, only out of sheer determination I took a huge leap and made exercise a weekly routine. I made myself workout 4-5 times a week. This was HHHUUUUGGGGEEEEEEE for me. And I did a couple Denise Austin tapes, a few Claudie Shieffer, and The Firm. I eventually went 100% The Firm and in about 5 months I lost all my weight I needed to shed off, and was in the best shape I had ever been! It's hard, really, really, really hard but SO worth it! The thing I liked about The Firm was that it was not overly complicated. I have now graduated from The Firm to more advanced workouts, and I would have never gotten here without The Firm. You will start to see a differance about 6 weeks after consistantly workingout every week.

You can buy The Firm sets at Wal-Mart, Target, and Dicks Sporting goods, and maybe Sports Authority.

I'm also trying to unload some of my old DVD's if you are interested pm me ;)

GL, if you have any other questions ask away! Oh, and I would say start at 2 times a week, shoot for 3 times a week after that, then if you can add more in do, if not (for instance I can't seem to find the time for much more than 3 workouts a week unless it's walking with the kids) don't sweat it! Also I would say it's toning and weight loss as it uses dumbells for toning, and aerobics for cardio. You really should get the step as that is the main way you will sweat it up! But if $$ is an issue you can always buy a stepping stool from the cleaning section of Target, but it won't quite be as sturdy.

:)