PDA

View Full Version : New poster-here's how I'm doin'

avgillian
06-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi all, delurking finally. I have a 7.5 mon old beautiful baby boy -joy of my life. I have always had a weight problem but in the last 10 years I had been able to stay within 10 lbs of my goal weight on a zone-ish diet and I was fit. Then, I got pregnant and gained 40 lbs (12 in my first trimester alone!)My pelvis separated at around 5 months and that made exercise impossible duirng and after pregnancy. My baby was born 2.5 months early and I gained back the 11 pounds I lost during delivery plus 10 more eating hospital food and sitting by his bedside for 7 weeks. I could have cared less how fat I was at that point but it hurt when people would ask when I was due and I had a 6 month old! I finally bit the bullet and stopped wearing maternity clothes and jumped into those size 18's-I have no waitline left at all! I just joined WW (nursing motehr program) and I have lost 7 pounds so far in 4 weeks. i've done WW before and I really need the accountability fo stepping on the scale. I am curently in physical therapy to repair some of the damage that separating my pelvis did and I starting to exercise. Boy is it hard to do 20 min on the stationary bike at low speed, esp when in the old fit days I did an hour spin class no problem! Starting to feel a bit like my old self again. Thanks for all the inspiration on the board and I'll keep you posted!

Lynnie
06-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Welcome ! sounds like you are doing great so far ! And frankly, if my DS2 was born as early as yours was, I would have done the same thing and not cared a bit about what I ate or anything other than being with him. But now that things seem more settled, good for you for getting started. Look forward to hearing about all of your progress !!