PDA

View Full Version : Below PP weight and looking worse than ever

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
07-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I saw the most grotesque thing yesterday and it is attached to my body. I was lucky enough to loose weight pretty quickly, however my stomach is absolutely grotesque. I look okay standing up but if I bend over the stuff hanging down is indescribably ugly. I think two back to back pregnancies along with nonexistant exercise have finally done me in. If I commit myself to a sit up program will the skin look normal(semi normal?) ever again? I have no idea how much the muscle supports the skin. Anyone know? Sorry if this sounds petty but I know this will affect my body image horribly.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

ChefGirl
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I know exactly what you mean! I'm the exact same one. The loose skin around my stomach is just gross! And the stretch marks! Yikes. Non-existent exercise too. Where do you find time to work out working full time and chasing after two kids after work? Yikes.

JulieL
07-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm still waiting to see what boobs I'm left with in 3 months! But seriously Susan you're being to rough on yourself. You're only 2+ months pp. I am almost 9 months postpartum and though a smig (like 3 lbs) under prepregnancy weight, my stomach is full inch bigger upper and lower abdominals. It just takes time. Genetics does come into play, but so does time, and effort. I just can't workout like I did before my daughter was born right now, she takes to much energy to entertain (very much a hands on baby), and by the time she and DS are in bed I'm spent. I figure after the one year mark I can only then think about getting as firm and tight as before. Eat smart right now, walk when you can, maybe join an once a week class at the YMCA and give yourself a break. I mean I wasn't even cooking for the family much when Miriam was 2 1/2 months old!

It'll get better! The facia is still strengthening back, the belly is still healing. Just buy a cute wrap shirt for now and get a fabulous necklace to show off your chest ;)

Lovingliv
07-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Susan,

I have often thought the same thing after having only 1 baby....I was sure during the pregnancy that I would want to have a tummy tuck. Not that DH would let me, he is all "love yourself, no matter what, you are beautiful."
So, I have decided that my well, rather stretched out tummy is the vehicle that my baby arrived in, and while it is not the prettiest tummy around, it is the most special tummy around. :)
So, I am keeping my tummy, but maybe I can have my upper arms done?
He,, he,he.

Well, we are all to hard on ourselves. When I have a hard day, I remeber that there are MILLIONS of women who would do anything to conceive, carry, and birth their own babies. I am lucky that I can.

You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful family!

MagsMom
07-22-2006, 08:29 AM
I think it takes a while for the skin to go back and it doesn't ever go completely back. I've had three babies. I run and I exercised through all three pregnancies (walking and stairmaster after 5 months mostly). I was happy to not have had stretch marks until I realized that my skin stretched out so nicely but didn't go back. It's better now and my third baby is 1. I don't know if sit-ups help, although if you develop the muscle a little bit underneath, maybe it looks better. I'll always have a little bit of a belly, but I think it's somewhat firm.

Don't bend over in public :) ....I have some cellulite cream I use every once in a while from Avon. Not sure if it works.

Good luck.

Magsmom