PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 8/27

JulieL
09-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Well I just dropped off my son to preschool, his last year there, sniff... He was thrilled to see his classmates again and all the new toys to play with. My how the time flies.

Ok last week I got in only two formal workouts

Monday: biking and lower body workouts, & running a short way with DH and kids

Friday: biking, abs, lower body workout, and running ... I had a LOT of energy that day

I did a lot of walking around with the kids so I probably walked a good 4+ miles as well during the week. I'm starting to see my former self with my endurance levels - YEAH!!! It's thrilling to feel that differance!

Funny story, so our town that we live in is a large business district with lots of restaurants and stores. So a girlfriend came over with her two boys (think football futures here, 40 lb 3 yr and 50 lb 5 yr old! :0 ). Well our place is way to small for 3 boys running around. So we planned on going to the park up the street. I suggested before that, that we walk into town to a soda shop for old time sodas, then go to the park on the way back home. We walked about 3/4 mile to the soda shop and the oldest boy looked at his mom and said "Mom, that is what cars are for!" I about died laughing! They chalked it up and survived the walk. It was funny, and also I felt some pride for our family as we walk all over the place and hike, that my son didn't even blink an eye. Anyway this gave me a giggle for the week.

How was everyones Labor Day? We went to see the local air show, it was fun, but my feet were SSOOOOO dirty when we got home, ick! Anyone have some good food? DH bbq'd and it was sssoooo good!

psophia17
09-07-2006, 02:52 PM
No workouts here, and only so-so nutrition.

I'm feeing very pg these days, and I'm pretty sure that my back problems from the beginning of the year are contributing to my need to lounge around a lot...

I'm trying to psych myself up for after the baby is born, so I can get back on track quickly. Once we are in our house, it'll be a mile walk to get to the library and park, so that'll likely mean a 2-mile walk pushing a stroller w/ 2 kids in it at least every couple of days. Just typing that out makes me feel better about how lazy I am just now...