PDA

View Full Version : First check in of the year :) Jan 1

JulieL
01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Ok just a refresher, these checkins are for the previous week. Post anything that you are happy about and things you know you should have changed. This goes for exercise and food choices :)

Ok me...

Well it was a great week. I got in 5 workouts, YIPPEE :) So funny I remember when I use to hate working out, and now I crave it.

Monday: Cathe Friedrich - Butts and Gutts (45 of butts, OUCH)

Tuesday: Cathe Friedrich - Gutts, cardio - 1 hour or so

Wednesday: Bike 55 min

Thurdsay: off - watched Grays Anatomy instead :)

Friday: Bike 55 min, abs

Saturday: Cathe Friedrich - Butts and Gutts 1 hour

Sunday: Got sick like a dog

Sigh so I ended the week with food poisoning. I lost fluids from both ends (sorry TMI) and littlely left but enough fluids to survive and not an ounce more. I lost like 2 lbs from all that fluids lost. I'm doing better but still feel a little queesy and week. Have no clue what did it, but tossed all foods at home. And MayB, well I did well with the vegetarian food, then needed some chicken soup to feel better, and now I crave chicken LOL. We'll see but right now the foods I ate when I got sick make my stomach churn and they were all good foods...

Ok enough about me how are you all?

MayB
01-09-2007, 03:31 PM
OK, I'll go next: my first week back on program (weight watcher's) was a good one. I stayed on points and walked 45 minutes for 3 days (until it got really cold again). Lost 2 pounds; even better, I feel great. Just need to keep it up for the rest of my life. One day at a time...

psophia17
01-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh Julie! So sorry about the food poisoning - I had it once and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It took a couple of months before I felt "normal" again, I hope you recover faster than I did!

As to my week, I think I did okay. I am still working my way through all the Christmas goodies (why do we get given a gajillion boxes of chocolates?), but they're almost gone, and DS1's bday party is Saturday, after which point I will start working on my healthy diet again, and tracking my pts.

I did get in a really long walk with the kiddos in my new stroller. I think about 2 miles, but I'm not sure exactly how far I went. I was pretty sore the next day, but not as bad as I thought it'd be. I'm hoping to do the same walk at least 2x a week once the weather is nice again. Someone tell these infernal windstorms to stop, k? They're giving me migraines when they swoop in, and they're making it impossible to go outside and let little man run off some steam.

I'm researching classes to start going to, too - I just need to work out when I can go is all...

kijip
01-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Was 2nd week not eating flour and it has been great, more energy, no headaches. Eating well over all and eating out a lot less. :) Got a new little recipe book and tried and (loved) several dinners with lots of veggies. Cooking lunches at my office too, which is nice. Still doing the exercise videos.

All of my pants which were new in November are loose. I feel like all of the pieces of the puzzle are falling into place at the same time- dinners, eating right, exercise. Best part is it all does nto seem like a diet, but just the way I used to live (with some modifications- video workouts instead of hiking, lol.) I sort of got to this point by listing off all the things that had changed in my habits since I became a parent/gave birth (that is when I started gaining a lot of weight- it was all POST pregnancy so I can't call it baby fat :P) and comparing them to all of the habits I had when I was fit. Then tweaked and adjusted accordingly to fit with being a "WOHM". :)

mommyoftwo
01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
I had lost around 36 pounds since Linnea was born last year and then due to all the trauma I went through during the fall, I gained twenty back. :( I've spent the beginning of this year trying to get back on track. The first week I had a couple of good days but was still really struggling. This week I joined weight watchers and so far so good. It's SO much easier to follow and I don't feel deprived. I'll update you next week on the results of my first week, but I'll already lost a couple of pounds. I can't exercise at all right now because I'm having a relapse of my chronic fatigue syndrome but once I start feeling better, I'll try to go for some walks again.

annasmom
01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Ugh, I have not been very good. I figure if I start hanging around here some of your motivation might rub off on me!!!

I joined WW a few weeks before Thanksgiving and missed the entire month of December. Things have just been so incredibly busy around here. We watched home videos last weekend - and GOOD GOD was I an ENORMOUS pregnant woman. The video of me from just a week before Christmas was not so thrilling either.

So, here goes nothing. I am going back to WW meetings this week - either tomorrow or Saturday morning. And, I am going to start using that over-priced elliptical machine in my basement!!!