PDA

View Full Version : workout 1/31

Lynnie
01-31-2007, 01:32 PM
just had a killer (for me) workout with a trainer. am going to post it here, so if anyone belongs to a gym, and like me, is clueless as to what to do, they can get some workout ideas.

warm up:
a) I had walked fast 15 mins to get to gym, then
b) medfit ball (really heavy basketball looking thing) squat with it down between your legs, then lift it up to the right, pivoting on your foot, then down, then up to center, then to left. repeat 10 Xa
c) throw medfit ball on ground. catch it, bring it back over head and throw down again

15 minutes doing the following circuit:

a) some pull machine. you straddle the seat, have pad against your chest, and then pull the handles towards you, keeping back straight, chest up and aginst pad, and bringing shoulder blades together as you pull it back. he started with 45 pounds on each side until he got real and went down to 25 pounds.

b) squats with a 30 pound stubby barbell weight

c) aerodyne bike - where you pull with hands, and pedal, and it has air blowing up in your fact - 30 seconds in an all out sprint (harder than one would think)

did it again and again with no rest

then had 2 minute break, then

15 minutes doing this circuit (no breaks) :
a) step ups onto weight bench 15 with each leg
b) press machine.sit with back against pad and push weight out holding handles on inside. again was overly optimistic with 15 pounds per arm (I am weak). had to go down to 10 I think. 15 reps.
c) boxing - had to hit him 50 times, hard, keeping elbows up and not stopping. again and again.

cool down:
15 minute stumble back to work.