PDA

View Full Version : Week of 5/7 check in

KBecks
05-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Thought I'd start something for this week.

I'm still working on getting a good exercise schedule going. I am a group exercise class groupie, and I'm trying to come up with a solid weekly routine of my favorite classes. The gym's schedule is not the best for me, but I have a couple regular classes I like. There are some great evening Zumba classes, but it's hard to get out in the evening.

Anyway, I've been going to the gym -- Did a 2 hour workout on Monday and Tuesday, I skip Wednesday (too busy) and then I did a Zumba class last night. Fridays I also skip.

The thread about Sydney and Traci's food/eating has gotten me to think more about nutrition. I'm not quite ready to make tofu-spinach popsicles yet though. :)

I'm in the best week of my menstrual cycle where I look thin. I get / feel very big at other times.

I also learned that my abs suck and I knew my lower back is weak too. I'm in a little bit of a catch 22 of trying to work on my abs w/o straining my back, so I'm going to try and do some abs classses (very, very gently at first) and also maybe try pilates, even though it's difficult and I don't like it. I ended up in intro to pilates classes because zumba was scheduled and then the gym revised the schedule and it took me a while to get to the new program.

I also went clothes shopping last weekend and it was good/bad. I don't like seeing me in the mirror, but the new clothes are nice and I found some things I like.

I also noticed at the gym that even the in-shape women have a little fat roll above their bra tops, so I will feel less worried about that when I'm ready to move to tighter tops.

Lynnie
05-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Great job !

I had a so-so week. Went to the gym only one day (bad) - today, but had a good workout. Monday and wednesdays are my other normal days, but my trainer rescheduled my wednesday, and I think I was having a bad day monday and did something else, but I can't think that far back. Have been eating better though, and plan on working out this weekend.

I am going to do some interval training at home, and am going to try to cut out the "whites" for the next week because we are going on a mini vacation and I have to wear a bathing suit.

I am stuck at the point where, if I work out once or twice a week or so, and don't eat junk ALL the time, I am pretty much ok. And if I do eat junk, I only plump up a little bit. I would love to take it up a notch, and reach the next level of fitness (and get back into my smaller sized clothes) but I look fine *enough* with minimal effort, so it is tough for me to make the greater effort required, you know. And, I am very guilty of emotional eating and have the world's largest sweet tooth.

How's everyone else doing ?

mmaimp
05-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm down another pound for a total of 11.8. I really wanted to have a 2 pounds per week loss and am not meeting that goal. But I am loosing so it's going in the right direction. I tried to move more this week and I'm going to try to add real exercise this coming week.

LarsMal
05-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I haven't been around this forum lately b/c I haven't been doing so well. DH and I had started a good exercise kick, but then the weather cooled off again and we stopped. I really want to join the gym, but I'm not ready to leave DD in the daycare room yet so I am going to wait another month or two for that.

I do have to say, though, that I went shopping the other day and I actually DROPPED a size!!! I guess the calories I'm burning from BF, plus trying to eat better has helped. Now, if I can just get the exercise in!

I'm five pounds from my goal, but if I drop fat and gain muscle I'd be happy at my current weight. Just need to get the exercise motivation going.

MamaKath
05-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Well I have been really trying to be on top of this health stuff. ;-) I got a bike and have been riding with my kids in the evenings- up and down the street dozens of times, lol. I am trying to make sure that I am eating within the WW parameters, but foods I like and are well rounded (like not all bread and cheese). I have eaten breakfast each morning. I am also working really hard to drink lots of water.

So far I seem to be finally back on track- I was down over 4 pounds on my Thursday night weigh in and have finally met my 10% weight loss goal!!!

This weeks goals are: enough h2o, eat breakfast, ride bikes with the kids, and to NOT EAT AFTER 8PM. I am hoping it is a great week!!!

elizabethkott
05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I lost ***4.2*** at my weekly weigh in at WW on Monday!
:)
Happy, Happy, Happy!
I'm down a total of 5.6 since my start on April 30. My first goal is to meet my 10% by July 4th.
Babysteps!
:)

nfowife
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
woohoo Elizabeth! I just finished week2 of WW, and was down 1.5 for a total of 4 lbs. in 2 weeks. Not bad! Only about 15 more lbs. to go!