PDA

View Full Version : I need some good workout music!

scout123
05-22-2007, 01:29 PM
DH just bought me an Ipod and I have no idea what to put on it for my morning run music. So far all I've come up with it Toxic-Brittany Spears, Gold Digger-Kanye West, Yeah-Usher, and some Will Smith songs. Any suggestions? I need some get up and go music at 5:00 AM!!
Thanks,
Angie

Sillygirl
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
I hate to run, so I found Eminem's "Lose Yourself" great motivation. I also like "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera. Happier workout songs include "I like it Like That" by Tito Nueves, "Sk8er Boi" by Avril Lavigne, "Shook me All Night Long" by AC/DC, "Hey Ya" by OutKast, "MmmmBop" by Hanson, "La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin, "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul. . .

What? My taste isn't eclectic - it's very consistently cheesey. I make no apologies. Have fun running!

LarsMal
05-22-2007, 02:18 PM
These are just a few of the songs on our "workout" playlist on iTunes.

Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
Rock Your Body- Justin Timberlake
Hollaback Girl- Gwen Stefani
Numb/Encore- Linkin Park/Jay Z
Busta Move- Young MC
Livin' on a Prayer- Bon Jovi
Waiting for Tonight- J. Lo
Give it Away- Chili Peppers
Hip Hop Hooray- Naughty By Nature
It Takes Two- Rob Base
Get the Party Started- Pink

And the list goes on!

gatorsmom
05-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Just before we found out about the pregnancy, I was all prepared to get out and powerwalk this summer and so prepared a motivating playlist. I"m in my 30's so some of these are classic 70's and 80's tunes and may be too "cheesy" for you. I just thought they had a fun beat. Here goes:

The Heart of Rock& Roll- Huey Lewis and the news
The Heat is On- Glenn Frey
I'm still Standing - Elton John
We didn't start the Fire- Billy Joel
ROCK in the USA- John Mellencamp
Walk Like an Egyption- the bangles
Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
My Favourite Game- The Cardigans
Just Like Heaven- the Cure
Why Can't I be You- The cure
I Want Candy- Bow wow wow
Goody Two Shoes- Adam Ant
Two Hearts Beat as One- U2
Take on Me- a-ha
Freeze Frame- J Geils Band
Let's Go Crazy- Prince
Would I lie to You- Eurythmics
Turning Japanese- The Vapors
Planet Earth- Duran Duran
Never can say goodbye- Gloria Gaynor
Oh, Pretty Woman- Roy Orbison
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)- The Proclaimers

I was so excited to start powerwalking and lose weight. sigh.. Hope this can help you!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

SnuggleBuggles
05-22-2007, 03:32 PM
I see lots of my favorites on the other lists. :) Here is my workout playlist:

ETA artists

warm-up:
Walkin' on the Sun (Smashmouth)
Suddenly I See (KT Tunstall)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (John Williams)

cardio:
Pump it (Black eyed Peas)- this song always gets me in the mood for a run!
We Got the Beat (the Go-Go's)
Song 2 (Blur...the "woo hoo" song)
The Cup of Life (Ricky Martin)
Gonna Make you Sweat (C+C Music Factory)
It's the End of the World as We Know It (REM)
SexyBack (Justin Timberlake)
Footloose (Kenny Loggins)
Let's Get it Started (Black Eyed Peas)
Hey Ya! (Outkast)
Welcome to the Jungle (GnR)
Blister in the Sun (Violent Femmes)
Insane in the Brain (Cypress Hill)
Groove is in the Heart (Deee-Lite)
It's Raining Men (The Weather Girls...if you search iTunes there is an *awesome* [aka super cheesy] version of this song where Arnold Schwarzeneger is giving workout instructions over the music!)
Jump Around (House of Pain)
Soul Bossa Nova (Quincy Jones)
Fame (Irena Cara)
I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
The Middle (Jimmy Eat World)
Elevation (U2)
Bust A Move (Young MC)
Beautiful Day (U2)
Switch (Will Smith)
Whoomp there it is (Tag Team)
Start The Commotion (The Wiseguys)
All the Small Things (Blink 182)
Istanbul (TMBG)
Livin' La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin)
The Humpty Dance (The Digital Underground)

Weights/ abs:
Fighter (Christina Aguilera)
Accidentally in Love (Smash Mouth)
Beverly Hills (Weezer)
Baby Got Back (Sir Mix a Lot)
Feel Good Inc. (Gorillaz)
Since U been Gone (Kelly Clarkson)
Bootylicious (Destiny's Child)
Need You Tonight (INXS)
Don't Bother (Shakira)
Lose Control (Missy Elliot)
Jumpin' Jumpin' (Destiny's Child)
I'm a Believer (Smash Mouth)

Cool down:
New Slang (The Shins)
Upside Down (Jack Johnson)
Stuck in Moment (U2)
Hero (Enrique Iglasias)

Sorry no artists for many. I can post them if you need them. i tried to get the names just right so if you used iTunes or something to get them they should come up.

Beth

denna
05-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I like the new Nelly Fortado album esp Maneater and Say it Right. Cascada 'Every Time we Touch' is also good for a workout song. I like Bringing Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake and also 'Sandstorm' by the Countdown Singers.

If you like this type of music let me know and I can give you a longer list.

HTH

gatorsmom
05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Oooh, good music! I'm saving your list to add to my playlist for next year!!! (I love the We Got the Beat, Footloose, and Groove is in Your Heart.....)

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

denna
05-22-2007, 04:02 PM
OMG Beth! I cant believe you have Foot Loose on your workout list. I thought I had to be the only one with that song. Every time it comes on I want to start dancing on the treadmill (in the middle of the gym) but I dont! How sad is that?

I love your taste in music...can I get the artist and compare my workout list to your's?

TIA!

ellies mom
05-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm not saying this is good music but I really like to run to Black Eyed Peas and Fergie. I like Pump It, My Humps, Fergilicious, London Bridges, My Mary Jane Shoes and Glamorous.

I also like to run to Sean Paul's Get Busy and Temperature.

SnuggleBuggles
05-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I am such a gym singer- especially musicals. I just move my lips (at least I hope that I am not singing out loud!). I have "Seasons of Love" on there from RENT and really have a hard time not singing on that one sometimes. :) I definetly get a little extra sway in my hips or jump in my step when songs make me want to dance!

I updated my list to include artists. HTH!

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
05-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah, this list has been a work in progress since I got my iPod 18 months along. I sometimes hit up the spinning instructor for music ideas b/c I like her taste! Glad it helped!!

Beth

scout123
05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Thnk you ladies so much! I flipped back and forth from your lists to itunes to download all your suggestions!! I am actually excited about running the morning now!
Thanks,
Angie

LarsMal
05-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Beth- I LOVE LOVE "Seasons of Love". I think it is one of my all-time favorite songs. One night I was on our treadmill, and I thought I was just moving my lips. About my third straight time of listening to/singing the song DH finally came upstairs and said, "Okay, enough is enough". I guess I wasn't just moving my lips!!!

shilo
05-22-2007, 06:55 PM
ahh, if you like 'every time we touch', try sonique "sky" , 4strings "take me away" and/or DJ sammy "boys of summer" - both have a beat that really pushes.

some of my other favorites:
lou bega "mambo no. 5"
madonna "hung up"
celine "i drove all night" (most celine is way too sappy for me to work out to, but this is a cover of a roy orbison tune that has a great workout beat)
sting "desert rose" the club mix
kelly clarkson "never again" but wait until the put the club mix up on itunes - it's got a much better back beat for an aerobic activity.

oh, and i can't believe no one has right said fred's "i'm too sexy" c'mon, you know you wanna 'do your little turn on the cat walk!" :)

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.