PDA

View Full Version : Now if we're segregated all the way down here...

Melanie
04-10-2003, 01:25 AM
...how will any disposable diaper people ever see us? I think having this intertwined with the other forum made several people decide to try it, including myself.

Mommy to Jonah

Kate888
04-10-2003, 07:27 AM
That's how I decided to try it, too...

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Momof3Labs
04-10-2003, 08:00 AM
Me, too! Never thought that I would, reading the CD posts while still pg, but now that Colin is here and I've experienced disposables, I'm much happier moving to cloth!

parkersmama
04-10-2003, 09:31 AM
I agree...much harder to get converts if they don't ever see our posts! :-)

egoldber
04-10-2003, 09:32 AM
I wondered about this too. It is true that the CD traffic was starting to dominate the Layette thread. I wonder if a general Diaper forum, separate from the Layette forum would be better.

I thought it was good to have the CDs talked about just like other diapering options. I think it made people realize that CDing wasn't just something that "weird" people do, which, I must admit, used to be my thoughts...

mama2be
04-10-2003, 10:04 AM
I never considered that and secretly wished CD had it's own little spot...BUT you are so correct I NEVER would have gotten on board if it has not been for seeing Egoldbears and Sparekes (???) post about CDing...and then it just took off!!!

todzwife
04-10-2003, 11:13 AM
ITA! I would NEVER in a million years have considered CDing until I started reading all the threads about how fun it was! LOL!
Shandelle ;)

celfsh
04-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Ditto for me!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

KathyO
04-10-2003, 01:21 PM
I agree... it's not that we're out to forcibly convert people... but it's amazing how many people read the discussion and say, "what, you mean that's all there is to it? This sounds pretty do-able!" If we're down here, that won't happen. And I think it possibly sets up a political divide where one shouldn't be allowed to develop. Imagine what it would be like if we had separated forums for breastfeeding versus formula-feeding?

Just a thought.

KathyO

mamahill
04-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Another convert in me! I'm such a sheep... :)

mama2be
04-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Kathy as always from you..."well said"...I want us back up top where we belong!!!

Kate888
04-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Couldn't agree more!!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

todzwife
04-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Can a forum be deleted once it has been set up? Do you think that maybe we could ask Alan and Denise to let us post with the other diapers? Seems that Mare just "asked" for these 2 new forums and she got what she asked for??? Just a thought.

mama2be
04-10-2003, 04:09 PM
I just posted the thread under suggestions so they know what we are thinking...hope that was OK...they might not see this and thought before we typed too much maybe we should atleast let them know what we are thinking...

mamahill
04-10-2003, 05:23 PM
I think a separate forum would be good, since it WAS taking over the layette section, but I agree, maybe just one big DIAPERS section. Then we could discuss diaper rash cream too. Maybe "Baby Butts." haha.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-10-2003, 05:46 PM
I agree with what has been said in this thread. If there is a separate cloth diaper forum, why not one for disposables too?

I think if there is going to be separate forum, it should be for all diapering issues. How else can you talk about comparisons between cloth and disposables? Where do talks about diaper rash go?

This just doesn't make sense the way it is now.

...Karen
Jake age 12
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

KathyO
04-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I do like the idea of a separate diapers forum... Baby Butts is good. Maybe Bare Necessities? Dipes and Wipes?

KathyO

KathyO
04-10-2003, 06:01 PM
I have this image of small groups of CD'ers ganging up on susceptible new mothers... "C'mon, try it... the COOL kids are doing it... go ahead - wassamatter, ya CHICKEN???" :P

KathyO

Kate888
04-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah, a diapering forum is a GREAT idea!! Cloth, disposables, diaper rash, diaper cream, wipes...etc.

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Rachels
04-10-2003, 07:00 PM
LOL! Those are great names! Have to agree, kids. If I didn't know you already, my disposable-diapering self would skip this forum altogether. But since you already piqued my curiosity...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

todzwife
04-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Wonderful ideas! I love the names! :)

JustMare
04-10-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm sorry for causing any trouble ladies. I just thought with all the talk about CDing that it needed it's own forum. It really didn't belong in layette.

I had LOTS of suggestions and comments for the Fields, just my own personal opinions on things and they agreed with somethings. They sent me an email and agreed to the new forums and asked me to post that they were open for use.

I really thought they would put the CDing at the top, perhaps under the layette section.

They are very open to all your thoughts and comments and since you ladies "run" the majority of topics on the board, they will listen to all your requests.

I thought I was doing you a favor, I'm truly sorry.

mama2be
04-10-2003, 09:40 PM
...it will get resolved I am certain...

Like I said in my post I remember thinking CDing needed it's own place BUT then it wasn't until we got one that we all realized by it not having its own space is why most of us are CDing...

I bet we'll get a forum just for diapering and its essentials...and had it not been for this that might not have ever been addressed...that would be a great thing!!!

MelissaTC
04-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Well I am happy to see that there are posts down here now! I love the name Baby Butts...lol. It is so nice to see so many Moms cding...I love reading your posts and recommendations for new or different dipes...I love buying them and trying them! Reading your posts led me to several WAHM sites and to the mini shower (which I can not believe I ever lived without!!) :)

celfsh
04-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Mare:

Please don't feel bad! I think everyone agrees that your idea to have a separate diapering section was good--we just have to work out the kinks. I'm sure everything will turn out just fine. In the meantime, I hope you won't stop sharing your ideas!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

todzwife
04-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Oh my gosh Mare! I didn't mean to make you feel bad! I am so sorry!We all know you meant well!

alandenisefields
04-11-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi folks! Whoa, didn't mean to start a major armed conflict here! We'll have to call Collin Powell to see if he can smooth things out.

We agreed with a reader's suggestion to create a separate cloth diaper board for that topic, as it was overtaking the discussion on that board. We agree that maybe another separate board for "general diapering" issues (including disposables) would be wise, as the layette (clothing) is really its own topic.

Why did the cloth diaper forum appear at the bottom of the list? Was it some dark plot to slight cloth diapering moms? No, when we add a forum, it goes to the bottom of the list. NOW, there is a function to re-order the forums in our admin panel---but it isn't working, so we'll have to do something to fix it. We WANT to move the cloth diaper forum NEXT to the old Reality Layette/Diaper forum and hope to do that soon!

Hope that helps,
--
Alan & Denise Fields, authors
BABY BARGAINS * TODDLER BARGAINS * BRIDAL BARGAINS * CYBERBRIDE * YOUR NEW HOUSE
Web: www.windsorpeak.com.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 303-442-8792
Address: Windsor Peak Press, 436 Pine Street, Boulder, CO 80302

--
The readers speak! Check out our new message boards for our books at:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

--
Have you seen our new book, TODDLER BARGAINS? It's brand new! For details, click here: http://www.toddlerbargains.com

Melanie
04-11-2003, 01:14 PM
HAHAHAHA!

>I have this image of small groups of CD'ers ganging up on
>susceptible new mothers... "C'mon, try it... the COOL kids
>are doing it... go ahead - wassamatter, ya CHICKEN???" :P
>
>KathyO

Mommy to Jonah

Melanie
04-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Thank you. I honestly didn't think it was a plot, just hoping we'd get moved.

I second most everyone's suggestion that ALL diapering related things be moved to a Diapering Forum. Even though some of us are cloth- and some are disp- there are still some issues which cross over.

Thanks

Mommy to Jonah

KathyO
04-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Ditto here. And I don't think that anyone is really all THAT upset - it's one of the things that I love about this board that by and large folks tend to live and let live. Lord, parenting is hard enough without people adding political loading to one's attempt to deal with the basic challenges of hygiene, nutrition and sleep!!

Cheers,

KathyO

mama2be
04-11-2003, 03:07 PM
can't say anyone ever thought it was some "dark plot to slight the cloth diapering moms" I never got a hint of such an attitude amoungst the posters here...not a hint of it!!!...anymore than any other suggestions would think it was a plot you didn't cover their stroller brand, swing etc...
I think the feedback that was given was very pro us all working and suggesting together ways that we can continue to share our experiences and learn from eachother.