PDA

View Full Version : How sad is this?

egoldber
04-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Usually when we go out, I use my Bumkins AIOs. But lately, Sarah has been drinking like a fiend and peeing rivers. So even with an added JoeyBunz, she has been peeing out of her Bumkins if she is in them longer than about 2 hours.

So as I was dressing her getting ready for playgroup today, I decided to put her in a premium CPF instead of the Bumkins. It worked great, she was in it for (embarrassingly enough) nearly 4 hours, no leaks, etc. I changed her diaper at playgroup from one CPF to another. And the sad thing is, I was so proud of myself for using a CPF in public!!!

blnony
04-11-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm so impressed, I don't even have enough confidence to use a CPF in private!:)
I really didn't think CPF's were that absorbent, but evidently they are. What cover did you use? So use snappi your CPFs?
You've got me very curious now...

mama2be
04-11-2003, 03:58 PM
we all sound like a female Seinfeld episode...

"I can't CD in public"..."I can't even CD in private"..."I CD in the closet"..."I hide CDs from my DH"...

If you've never seen Seinfeld you probably don't understand...but if you have I am sure you can imagine it :)...

blnony
04-11-2003, 04:09 PM
LOL! That is a great scene to imagine!! Its just like the puffy shirt....

Kate888
04-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Or the big hands! You guys are so funny!! LOL!
Beth, hope I can master CPFs like you do someday :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

egoldber
04-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Prefolds are VERY absorbant. There are so many layers of dense fabric, especially when you have them all folded up. They are by far the most absorbant diapers I have. I used a Motherease Airflow cover, but I find that most covers work well with prefolds, like Proraps, Bummis, Bumkins, etc. I do find I get better results when I use a Snappi.

During the day, Sarah usually wears a regular size CPF, even though a premium is "recommended" for her age and size. She is not a heavy wetter (in general) and I find that I don't need the additional absorbancy during the day (except for 4 hours at playgroup, YIKES!).

Once I got over my fear of using them, I find that I am really preferring them. They are super reliable and more trim than almost any fitted except a FuzziBunz with a JoeyBunz. I will say that Sarah is NOT a squirmy baby for diaper changes. I have never had that problem, which is a real issue for many older babes and toddlers.

Calmegja
04-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Good for you! I'm laughing, because last week, I went out with Josh in a prefold, for the first time ever, and I was nervous the whole time, like I had some bizarre secret I was keeping....

I totally understand....I spent all that money on Fuzzibunz/Joeys, and I still use them a lot, but more and more I'm hearing the siren call of the prefolds, and using them as much as possible.....;-)

Strange how things change, eh?

mamahill
04-11-2003, 05:52 PM
You SHOULD be proud! Hip hip hooray for you! I think it's great. I really like my CPFs, but have only ventured out in a FB or Bumkins AIO if I know we'll be doing a change. Glad to see you did it - so it IS possible?! :)

RiaHannam
04-12-2003, 05:17 PM
BIG HANDS! omgosh, that is ME! My sister and I laugh because we both have *big man hands*. We are 100% Italian and I suppose they are good for making bread dough!
Last year I was paying for gas and the guy behind the counter said "Wow, you have such strong hands!" I almost fell over laughing (did not offend me at all). He then said "My wife has such small dainty hands but your's are so strong and big." He was of middle eastern decent so I do not believe he was being mean - he was paying me a compliment. I immediatly called my sister when I got home and we cracked up together!
That's me - BIG HANDS!

Maria

MelissaTC
04-12-2003, 10:52 PM
That is awesome though! Can I just say...you had mentioned a few weeks ago that you were using prefolds more, that you found them to be trim...well, that totally inspired me to go back into my cd stash and get out those prefolds! I have been using more prefolds now than I was before and I finally found a fold that works for us. Of course, I have now mastered the ever elusive snappi...I had no idea it was so easy to use! So thank you Beth :)

Melanie
04-13-2003, 03:10 AM
Good for you!

I never use my prefolds (all 3 of them LOL!). Do you snappi? I can't get Jonah to be still long enough so I can only use PFs in a lay-in cover like Rikki Wrap. He absolutely needs fleece next to his skin or he gets instant rash, so I just go with our other diapers. I don't know why, I hvae fleece liners.

I put a UBCPF (premium) and another soaker in a pocket diaper for night once...leaked! I'm still getting the hang of pocket diapering.

MelissaTC
04-14-2003, 11:09 AM
I do use a snappi and ubcpfs. They actually work really well. I used to fold it in thirds and then place it in a prorap cover. Well, you can imagine the poop messes so I all but gave up on prefolds. Then I read one of Beth's posts on a Sunday morning and decided to give it a try. It actually worked! So when we are home, I use prefolds exclusively. For nighttime, I use Fuzzibunz with Joey Kicks hemparoo inserts. Always works for us, no leaks...

parkersmama
04-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Moving this thread up to the top. :-)

sparkeze
04-19-2003, 01:31 AM
I like the comment about using them in private! :)

I agree that CPFs are very absorbant, do you find at all that it gets bunchy and soggy where there's the most pee? I liked CPFs okay but it's too much work for me to struggle with DS during diaper changes. I change his diaper while he's standing (less of a struggle) and there's no way I can snappi while not seeing what I'm doing. Also I like to leave covers and pants off at home as much as possible and I'm afraid the snappi will come off or scratch DS if there's no cover.

I'm so jealous of your non-wiggly DD!

egoldber
04-19-2003, 07:50 AM
I only find a CPF bunchy when I trifold it. That's why I stopped doing the trifold thing. If the diaper is on right and snappi'd tight enough, then it doesn't sag.

Yes, DD has never been a wiggle worm on the changing table. I can now even ASK her to walk over to the changing table for a diaper change and she trots right over. Last night she was SOOOOO patient with me as I struggled for probably 5-10 minutes trying to figure out the best way to fasten her new hemp Babykicks prefold for nighttime!