PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Bunz question

nathansmom
04-13-2003, 03:58 PM
I think I remember reading that I can use prefolds to stuff these diapers, I went looking at prefolds and there are several to coose from. My question is which prefolds work best in stuffing these and what size should I get, I don't want to bulk up this diaper. I have the joeybunz but I didn't order enough because of the cost, I thought I'd look at a less expensive way. Sorry if this has been answered before I tried looking through old posts but ended up getting sidetracked.
TIA

emilyf
04-13-2003, 07:00 PM
I use prefolds with my fuzzibunz, but I can't remember anything about them (size, where I bought) they are just regular as far as I can tell and they work great. I just fold mine over at the top so there is a lot of diaper up front, but they aren't at all bulky. I noticed that Lori mentioned some hemp doublers she bought fairly inexpensively though that she thought were comparable to joeybunz so I was going to look in to those, I can't seem to find the post right now though. And all this talk about hemp prefolds is making me consider that too.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

Momof3Labs
04-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Here are the hemp doublers that are working well for us:

http://www.mom-and-me-creations.com/DoublersWIpesEtc.html

Pay attention to the sizes so you aren't surprised by what you get. I bought the smallest size because I didn't want to duplicate my JoeyBunz supply, but one of the bigger sizes would probably work in place of a JoeyBunz. And at half the price! I can say that they are very absorbent!!

mama2be
04-13-2003, 07:40 PM
...I think Lori referred to Mom and me creations (???) because I made a mental note of it at the time.
I think these are what she bought because I remembered the price being this...
http://www.mom-and-me-creations.com/DoublersWIpesEtc.html

Edited to say...now I want Hemp PFs too!!!! :)...I would think they'd be a great doubler of their own.

Tristan is saturating his Crickett's to the top in two hours...I hope it is because they ahve not been washed a lot. But none have leaked out of the covers. I suspect i will need to purchase doublers if this continues, but the Cricketts do come with a snapped in doubler in them (and I fold it infront of Tristan to actually double it)...

egoldber
04-13-2003, 08:56 PM
For a small FuzziBunz (which is the size I assume you mean), you will probably have the best luck using an infant premium size prefold. I can stuff a medium FB with a "regular" prefold, (the size between infant premium and the larger premium), and it is pretty full. I wouldn't think that anything larger than an infant premium would fit in a small FB, but I have never used a small FB and can't say for certain.

When I stuff a FB with a PF, I fold the prefold in the opposite way as you normally do. I fold it in either thirds. There's a picture on this site that shows the same method I use to stuff a FB with prefolds. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kfegelman/nighttime.html

Just a note on the Mom and Me stuff, from what I have read, her hemp doublers are half the thickness of a JoeyBunz. So while I am sure they are very absorbant, what I was advised on another Diapering board was that I would need two of her hemp doublers to equal one Joey, which makes the cost actually very similar for equivalent thickness and absorbancy.

Stuffing a FB with a prefold certainly works, but I will say that it is NOT my favorite way to stuff them. In my experience the diaper becomes very bulky, may gap at the legs and lead to leaking.

HTH,

mama2be
04-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Lori we were postng at the same time :)...
I kept trying to pull up the site or I would have seen your post first!!!

nathansmom
04-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys, I knew you'd have the answers. I ended up buying more of the Fuzzi Bunz diapers since they are the only ones my dh will use. I guess I now need to decide which way I want to go. Thanks again.

parkersmama
04-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Moving this thread up to the top. :-)

MelissaTC
04-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Wal-Mart sells microfiber cloths that are supposed to be excellent for stuffing Fuzzi Bunz. You get 4 for $5 I believe. They are with the automotive care items. People on some of my cd lists have been raving about them.

HTH!

blnony
04-15-2003, 11:30 AM
I only use a prefold to stuff at night, because it makes the FB very bulky. I use 1 prefold, regular size, and its bleached to I didn't have to work on absorbency, but I fold it in thirds, then I lay 1 med. size Joey Bunz on it and stuff the pocket. Audrey is a heavy wetter at night and she sleeps about 10 hrs. straight through, and I haven't had a single leak yet (3 weeks); but thats for a med. FB, but I think you can translate that into a small. Also, during the day if I use a FB, I only stuff it with one joey bunz and a fleece liner on top to catch the poo. Its trim, doesn't leak (I change her about every 2-3 hrs during the day), and she can wear just about anything over it.
I also boiled my joey bunz. I got tired of it not absorbing very well, read Neve's post about hemp, and put them in boiling water for about 3 or so minutes. Wow, it made a really big difference in the absorbency. I can't do my Crickett's fitted that way b/c of the snaps, but with hemp liners I would highly recommend it.
Baby's crying, go to go...

egoldber
04-15-2003, 01:33 PM
LOL!!! I tried to find those towels today! I made a special trip to Walmart (and I HATE Walmart) for them and they were OUT!!!! The guy said they were on back order and had been for weeks!

I found something similar at Target, although they weren't as good a deal, so I will try those out!

Too funny!