PDA

View Full Version : Wool covers

C99
04-13-2003, 04:21 PM
I recently lost an eBay auction for some wool covers, so I guess I will have to buy new. But there are so many wool covers and brands to choose from, so I thought I'd ask you ladies:

If you were buying 2 wool covers, which ones would you buy and why? I'm interested in both WAHM covers and "commercial" ones.

TIA

mama2be
04-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Well you'll probably never listen to me again after the thing with Justin's Buttons :(...but I didn't really "recommend" them...I just wanted some because they had so many fabrics to choose from and seemed so "custom", but I had never heard any endorsements on them or any thing.

But if you'll give me one more chance...please...
I have never used or bought any wools due to low diaper funds...BUT I have researched them tons and if I had the mula (from what I have heard) I would try the Imse Vimse Wool (also known as Bumpy)...they seem to get a lot of raves.

Here is a link, but if you are already CDing you are probably very familiar with them...
https://www.weebees.com/prodinfo.asp?number=41-10-SM&variation=&aitem=2&mitem=6

C99
04-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Neve, don't worry about the JB thing. Please. It was my own fault for ordering from Laura without doing some research first. Don't even worry about it. :)

I am looking at the Bumpy covers too. :)

blnony
04-13-2003, 08:10 PM
I've ordered the Bumpy Wool Cover and Kelly at Kelly's Closet highly recommended it. I haven't gotten it yet, but when I do, I will post a review.
I also bought a Justin's buttons, its not so bad I can't use it, but I won't buy there again. The quality just wasn't that great. I can't use the pocket, I just use a lay in joey bunz. It works, but not worth the money. I just thought they seemed so customized, but thats how a lot of WAHM diapers are, just hit and miss.
Good luck with the wool--

egoldber
04-13-2003, 08:41 PM
I have not used wool, because it is supposed to be bulky. But I have read many good things about Aristocrat and Stacinator wool soakers.

HTH,

amym
04-13-2003, 11:16 PM
I love my Aristocrats! They do not leak. I have used them on both my children. They are great!!

I had heard good things about AJ Wonderful Wool soakers & bought 2 to try. I haven't liked them at all. They leak!! The legs just aren't snug enough on my babies.

I thought the wool bumpy was good. I would consider buying that one again. But Aristocrat wins in my book.

Amy
mom to Samuel (4) & Olivia (1)

parkersmama
04-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Moving this thread up to the top. :-)

candybomiller
04-14-2003, 11:31 PM
I have the Bumpy day cover, which is wool (I think). At first I really disliked it and was very disappointed because the people who use it here seemed to LOVE it. Finally I figured out that I was using it inside out AND backwards. Please, don't ask.

Now it's my favorite. Go figure.

Candy
Mommy to Matt, 5/22/02

triciaok1
04-16-2003, 09:12 PM
I have 2 Bumpy Wool covers and I find them to be slim under clothing, well as slim as cloth will allow! I do find them to run a little bit bigger than the Bumpy Day cover but maybe they allow for some shrinkage!? I have a Sugarpea coming soon but I have a feeling I am probably going to just stick with my Bumpy's. Maybe I will be surprised!

csa12
04-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Fuzbaby's look awfully cute and trim fitting if you are willing to spend big bucks on them. Also, I am curious about Lambkins wool covers because they look pretty trim and soft as well. I read some reviews on diaperpin.com that were favorable if you want to check them out. For now I am doing exclusively wool and during the day love using Bumpy wool covers and stacinator wool covers. For night I also love the aristocrats.

Have fun navigating your way through the many choices!
Cheryl :)

sparkeze
04-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Here are the wool covers I've tried:

Bumpy wool: trim, highly adjustable fit. Only problem with this is velcro, I just don't like velcro. But it works great and fits over CPFs and fitteds well. Also has gussets! (bound edges, 2 layers only in the middle)$20ish

Aristocrats: very bulky! Not good as a daytime cover unless you're not planning to use pants. I use this at night and I've never had a leak, but DS has a gigantic butt! (knit wool, 2 layers in the crotch area)$20ish

Stacinator: on the trim side, but the Bumpy is trimmer. Fastens with side snaps. Fits great over my very bulky fitteds and works well too. Sizing is a little small - could be more bulky if the cover is on smaller snap settings because there would be a lot of overlap. (turned and topstiched)$20ish

Lambkin: this is a heavy duty cover! I have a front snap one and this also has gussets. Not too trim! Would be great as an overnighter as well. It doesn't fit well over side snapping fitteds, but fine over front snapping or CPFs. $20ish

Bizzy B Hive: side snapping, double layers of felted wool. Not the trimmest cover out there but not bulky like an Aristocrats. Fits well over fitteds and CPFs. (serged edges, has the little ruffly edges)$20ish

Little Turtle Knit Soaker: pull-on style with drawstring waist. Trim, works well, cute! Only drawback I have found is that if you use CPFs and snappis the snappi could snag the knit. Also, since it is pull-on style (as is the Aristocrats) leaky poops could get messy to clean up. $20ish

Fuzbomb: Pretty trim, gorgeous color selection. Front snapping with leg and back gussets. Doesn't fit so well over side snapping fitteds as most front snapping covers are. One layer of heavyweight wool with bound edges. $50

Fuzbaby Easy Wool: VERY trim and stretchy. Is side snapping, fits great over all diapers. Turned and topstiched, 2 layers of wool. Also has a nice color selection. $30

I have an Elbee Baby on order, but haven't seen it yet.

So of these, my favorite one is the FuzBaby Easy wool. It's a little more pricey than a lot of the others but it will last a LONG time because the sizing has such a wide range. So in that way you would need to buy 2 of another cover when you would only need 1 of the Easy wool. My next favorites are the LTK and Bumpy. I haven't used any of these except the Aristocrats for nighttime but I know a lot of people do without any problems. I love the Aristocrats for night though. However, the Fuz Easy has a wait time of about 4 weeks or more, LTK has a wait time of at least 2 weeks, and of my top three only the Bumpy is available right away. I've been waiting for almost 2 months for the Elbee Baby order and mine is finally up now!

C99
04-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the excellent reviews! This will help me tremendously as I make my decisions. Please let me know how you like the Elbee Baby -- I got a few referrals for them. For now, I ordered a Bumpy Wool and an Aristocrat. It was tough to choose since so many people had favorites. My next round of wool covers will probably include a FuzEasy and either a Bizzy B Hive or an Elbee Baby. I'm re-thinking the whole Little Turtle Knits thing until Nate is a bit older and not so prone to messy changes.

One last question: does the FuzEasy have gussets or just the FuzBomb?

sparkeze
04-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Fuz Easy does not have gussets. The Fuzbomb has leg gussets and a back gusset.

Good choices!

csa12
04-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Hi there !
I want to thank you for the awesome reviews as well. So far I have 3 Bumpy Wool covers, a stacinator, aristocrat and bizzy B. I am on the lookout for trim wool covers so your review helps a ton with other wool covers to try. Next on my list: Fuzbaby Easy Wool.

Thanks again!
Cheryl :)

mamicka
04-24-2003, 08:41 AM
I've looked on the fuzbaby website but can't find the FuzEasy. Is that the cover that comes with the Wool Almost-in-One package? The desciption says "one front-snap wool cover, which has a trimmer fit than our regular fuzbomb cover." Is that it?

sparkeze
04-24-2003, 12:19 PM
I don't think there's a link to the cover through the site. Here's the link:
http://www.fuzbaby.com/easy