PDA

View Full Version : Trick I use for drying out bottoms "before" putting the diaper on...

etwahl
04-09-2003, 04:09 PM
In addition to trying to air dry Lauren before putting on a new diaper, I have started using little dry washcloths to "pat" dry first, then a little air dry, then put the diaper back on. I find it works really well. I use one for the front and one for the back and just pat dry. I have a lot of wash cloths, so it works well for me, and I do laundry every day anyway!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

Annette_C
04-11-2003, 10:59 PM
Tammy,
I do the same with Sabrina! I also use a little extra care when she has a poopy diaper.
First, I lay out a disposable changing table covers for protection. Then, I make a mixture of warm water and J&J moisturizing baby bath in a small tub (that I keep next to the changing table). I throw some wipes in the warm water mixture and use the warm, soapy wipes to clean her thoroughly.
I dry her with the dry washcloths like you do, and she's good as new!:)
I want to add that by using this method, Sabrina has never had a diaper rash yet.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JustMare
04-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Annette,

Just curious, what do you do when she has a poopy diaper and your not a home?

Taking notes!

Ciao
Mare

Annette_C
04-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Mare,
Very seldom that has happened (if we've gone out, it has been mostly at extended family so I was able to keep the routine).
But, if it did happen while out, I just used the changing area with my disposable liner and used the warm water from the faucet there to wet the wipes and squirt a little baby bath (I have the travel size in the diaper bag) and proceeded as usual.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

kapow
04-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Also taking notes...

Are you saying that you rinse out regular baby wipes before you use them? Is this because you're concerned about the chemicals used on the wipes, or are you using plain cloth wipes and adding the baby bath stuff to them?

I read on this board about a few people rinsing out baby wipes before using them to reduce the amount of soap etc.

parkersmama
04-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Moving this thread up to the top. :-)