PDA

View Full Version : Wool Covers - Prevent Diaper Rash?

blnony
04-09-2003, 08:59 AM
As some of you may have read in another forum, Audrey has developed a terrible diaper rash. I am going to try triple paste and see if it will clear up.
But, for the future, I am curious about wool covers. Are these more "breathable" for nighttime. The tripe paste web site discourages use of plastic or waterproof covers for nighttime, so would a wool cover still keep the dampness from leaking out and at the same time give her skin more air?
I've been using a Fuzzy Bunz but it is PUL on the outside? If anyone has some wool knowledge, please share. I am trying to do all I can from having this happen again.
TIA-

nohomama
04-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Wool covers WILL wick some moisture through to clothes. That's the price you pay for using a breathable cover. Unless Audrey is an amazingly heavy wetter at night, her pajamas shouldn't be more than a little damp to the touch in the morning. I've only ever used Bumpy Wool covers by Imse Vimse but I know several people who absolutely love the Aristocrats covers for night time use especially.

Lola has only every had minor bouts of diaper rash and that's been when we were traveling and using disposables. As soon as we got home and started using cloth dipes again, the rashes cleared up. You may find that wool covers do help clear up the rash that Audrey has and prevent it from happening again, but the best remedy I've found for any kind of diaper area irritation is letting baby run around sans diaper as much as possible.

Another thing you might consider trying is letting Audrey run around in just a diaper without a cover while your home. That would prevent puddles, etc. on the living room floor and would allow a little more air to circulate around her bum.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.