PDA

View Full Version : Okay...now the next step...initial wash of CDs???

parkersmama
04-09-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm ready (and actually a little behind!) to wash all my CDs in preparation for the impending arrival of our baby. I am still a little baffled about the initial washing process. It seems like everyone has a different method and number of washings recommended.

Here are some specific questions I have:

1. I have a batch of Kissaluvs fitteds & a couple of contours...I'm assuming these can all be washed together. The instructions say to wash several times before use. I am guessing that this means hot water? Do I leave them snapped or unsnap them? Do I dry them between washings or just fill the washer up and do it again without drying?

2. I have about 12 bleached CPFs. How do I do the initial wash on them? Same question...dry between washings? How many washings will I need to do?

3. I have some ME Sandy's and one Onesize. Can these be washed the same as the Kissaluvs? Snapped or unsnapped? Take out the snap-in liner in the OS?

4. What about covers? How many times do they have to be washed? I have an assortment: proraps (snap & velcro), ME airflows, bummi snaps, bumpkins velcro. Do I leave them snapped to wash or undo them? Do I put them in the dryer or hang to dry?

5. I also have some cloth wipes (from Darling Diapers), some doublers, a couple of WAHM AIOs, a Bumpkins AIO and a Proraps AIO. Can these just be washed along with the other stuff? What about drying?

I know that part of the washing process initially is to get up to maximum absorbancy but I'm wondering how to get there! LOL! Do I do all the original washings on hot? Even covers? Can the covers be washed with the diapers? Yikes! I didn't realize that I had so many questions!! Thanks for taking any time you have to give me some pointers! :-)

C99
04-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Here are some answers to your questions....

1. Yes, you can wash them together. No need to snap them. Yes, wash means a full wash/dry cycle. So you put 'em in on hot water, dry them for about 90 minutes, stick 'em back in the dryer. You probably should not use detergent either. I washed mine 3x before putting them to use.

2. Repeat as above for the CPFs. Basically, they are ready when water doesn't bead and run off the material, but soaks in.

3. I'm not sure. Didn't they come with instructions?

4. PUL covers do not need to be washed beforehand to increase absorbancy. I generally line-dry my Prowraps covers. Snapping doesn't matter, although I generally leave mine unsnapped in the wash.

5. Yes -- just wash with everything else. The absorbancy on the wipes is less of an issue, so I'd just wash them once. I put all of my AIOs in the dryer as well, but some people don't. The PUL supposedly stops working after awhile if you put it in the dryer, but I can't wait the 2 days it would take to line-dry my AIOs. and covers can be washed with diapers.
hth