PDA

View Full Version : Manyducks AIO's

heytootsy
03-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Has anyone tried Manyducks AIO's. If so, what do you think of them. Thanks

sparkeze
03-28-2003, 12:55 AM
I have tried the quackdry AIO (PUL) and onesize AIO. They're both nice, the QD one was bound in foldover elastic and had a snap in trifold soaker and fleece topped doubler and the onesize is serged and has a sewn in soaker and the inside is lined in fleece. The QD really does dry quickly but you would need to put it together (snap in stuff) as opposed to the onesize which takes a lot longer to dry since the soaker is sewn in but there's less work involved since you don't have any pieces. Also, if you want something that's going to last awhile the onesize has a larger size range than the QD. And the QD one was side snapping and the onesize was front snapping.

Overall, I thought they were cute and well made. My DS has chubby thighs in relation to his waist so in general foldover elastic stuff leaves marks on his legs so I ended up selling my QD one but it was really nice.

csa12
03-28-2003, 08:57 AM
I know that every baby is different, but my DS has chubby thighs as well. I just started CDing and wondered what other CDs worked for your DS?
Thanks,
Cheryl :)
Mom to Liam 1/24/03

sparkeze
04-02-2003, 01:35 AM
For fit, in general side snapping works best. ME Sandys, Liz's Cloth and Buckeye Bottoms side snapping QD fitteds fit well. Of those, I think Liz's Cloth is my favorite because it fits well, is absorbant but trim. But lately I've tried out some front snapping diapers too and I've found that if there's enough elastic in the waist I can snap it so it fits the thighs well and even if the waist is a little loose enough elastic helps to kind of close up the waist if you know what I mean. My DS has started thinning out so he's actually pretty skinny but he still has chunky thighs! Oh and for AIOs, our Bizzy B Hive fleece AIOs and Luke's Drawers Cotton Kisses AIOs fit great! Those are both side snapping as well.

csa12
04-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I just got a Bizzy B wool cover that worked great and fit great on DS. He looked so cute wearing just that and a t-shirt for bedtime. What are examples of front snapping diapers?

Thanks again,
Cheryl :)

sparkeze
04-04-2003, 03:23 AM
The ones I have tried and liked (for various reasons) are Mom & Me Creations, Sugarpeas, Cuddlebuns and SOS. Most one and two size diapers are front snapping because the rise adjusts by folding the front down. In my experience front snapping allows for a trimmer fit if you want to minimize the bubble butt (which is adorable!) because it comes up higher on the thighs than side snapping diapers would.

csa12
04-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Thanks!

Cheryl