PDA

View Full Version : A really stooopid question

gravymommy3
04-08-2003, 06:38 PM
I am the queen of stupid questions, so here goes:

What CDs do you have to use covers with? I have seen fleece covers - do you have to use something else with them? How about wool covers? I am not really trying to be dumb (but I am swimming in uncharted waters here...)

TIA

mama2be
04-08-2003, 06:40 PM
you use them with everything BUT AIO's (All in ones)

So CPF, Fitteds would need them. that said I have heard of Fleece Covers but suspect they would get wet...but will defer to the experts on that one..

HTH,

gravymommy3
04-08-2003, 06:42 PM
That was my thought on the fleece covers but what the heck do I know?

Thanks again!

Momof3Labs
04-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Actually, fleece covers and wool covers are meant to be used as covers - without another waterproof layer over them. I haven't tried them so can't vouch for their ability to hold the pee in, but they certainly have a strong following!

You do not use a cover with AIOs, as Neve said, but you do with fitteds, contours, CPFs, and such.

mama2be
04-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Amy just because you are just starting your search I wanted to share a thought with you....at first i thought "bite the bullet" and buy all AIOs...find a good one and buy 24.

BUT then you realize that covers don't get messy much...since an AIO is the whole thing in one then you are washing it's "cover" as frequently as you wash what is near the skin. that seemed useless to me and evidently they take a while to dry. Also I figured since covers don't really need that much washing and I don't dry mine in the dryer then I'd be wearing out the AIO a lot quicker than other methods thus can't resell possibly and can't use for future bambinos...

I'm not certain this is true or accurate but was my thought process on the whole thing...

Momof3Labs
04-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Neve,

That's exactly what I read when I was doing my CD research. In fact, when I received my Bumkins AIOs, the tag specifically said that they would last through an average of 150 washes. Apparently the dryer ruins the waterproofing over time.

Good covers can be a little pricey (my Bumpy covers are about $13-14 each, not too bad) but you don't need that many of them.

I didn't think that I would like fitteds with covers (too much stuff to worry about) but now find that is my favorite combination! Much easier to customize, too (there aren't too many good AIO choices out there)!!