PDA

View Full Version : Best CD for overnight?

C99
04-04-2003, 03:10 PM
I admit it: I am a bad mommy and don't always change Nathaniel at night, so he'll sometimes go from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. in the same diaper. He usually only pees at night, but sometimes he does poop, so I need something more absorbant than what I've got: either a Bumkins AIO or a Kissaluvs or CPF in a Prowrap cover. I've heard that Fuzzibunz are good nighttime diapers because of all the soakers, etc. Any ideas?

egoldber
04-04-2003, 03:44 PM
I have used many different nighttime combinations. These all work for me:

1) Fuzzibunz with 2 or 3 JoeyBunz (but a good fit with the FB is crucial!)
2) FuzziBunz stuffed with a CPF
3) a CPF with a JoeyBunz in a Motherease Airflow
4) two CPF in a Motherease Airflow
5) a Motherease Sandy with a JoeyBunz in a Motherease Airflow

And do you mean you're a bad mommy for not WAKING your sleeping child to change him??? Oh my goodness, why would you do such a thing??!!?? Sarah often goes from 8 PM to 8 AM in the same diaper!!!

blnony
04-04-2003, 03:46 PM
I mainly use a fuzzi bunz with one prefold (folded in 3rds) and one joey bunz. I've never had a leak at night with this. It is really amazing. DD is 7 1/2 months and eating solids and formula, so no BF poop problems. I don't know if that would make a difference.
Good luck-

C99
04-04-2003, 04:36 PM
No, he wakes up about twice to be fed, but since he sleeps with us, I can just put him on the boob and go back to sleep myself. I'm so tired at the 2 a.m. or 4 a.m. feeding that I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to get him on the boob.

emilyf
04-06-2003, 04:06 PM
I also use a fuzzi bunz with a prefold, and Charlie is a champ sleeper-he has gone up to 14 hours with one of those babies on, and his skin still feels dry, amazing!
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

sparkeze
04-07-2003, 03:11 AM
A lot of people like pocket diapers for nighttime: fuzzi bunz, happy heinys, zootkitty, apronstrings, etc. They are convenient in a lot of ways but if you don't have anything else you could use for nighttime it could be a pain if you run out of your nighttime diapers. I use hemp fitteds with a hemp doubler and an Aristocrats wool soaker. Since I have a lot of fitteds I can just grab whatever is available, but usually I use a Mom & Me Creations fitted with either a JoeyBunz or rainfold.