PDA

View Full Version : Is Cloth Diaper Butt supposed to be THIS big?

Karenn
03-29-2003, 04:57 PM
I've gotten my diapers, and am having a great time experimenting! I've read all the posts about cloth diaper butt, and how he might not fit in slim clothes anymore, but I hadn't realized it was that big! I put a Luke's One Size Wonder with the snap-in liner on Colin this morning and it is HUGE!!! I mean it's so big that it seems to impede his movement. (This is the part that makes me think something isn't right.) It's especially bulky between his legs. So is this user error? Or is it just a feature of some diapers? I had the same problem with a pre-fold. But the Kissaluvs, ME Sandy's and Bumkins AIO's didn't seem quite so bulky to me.

Thanks!

egoldber
03-29-2003, 05:05 PM
LOL!! Sometimes it's that big, but not always. That's why people are always searching for trimmer diapers, because clothes today are sized to go over disposables, not cloth.

But in general, I find Lukes Drawers to be pretty bulky and I don't care for them for that reason. If he doesn't need that much absorbancy, then you could use a smaller insert in it until he "grows into" the trifold soaker that comes with it.

HTH,

Calmegja
03-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Exactly. I feel the same way about Luke's Drawers...for fitteds, I like Kissaluvs (for a baby with a low rise), Crickett's, or Liz's Cloth. Much, much trimmer....no impediment to walking...;-)

I put my baby in a Staccinator fleece cover one night, and Luke's drawers underneath, and he couldn't even stand up. His rear end was ridiculous!

Live and learn and experiment away. I keep finding that my tastes keep changing....

Karenn
03-30-2003, 12:03 AM
I guess it's not just me then, thanks! Since he completely soaked the Luke's Drawers even with all that bulk, I'm thinking the more absorbant hemp might be a good thing. I was thinking about trying Crickett's or Liz's Cloth, but was worried they'd be just as bulky. Now I just have to make up my mind between the two.... or get both! :)

Melanie
04-01-2003, 03:48 AM
I have just received the Luke's Drawers contours and I haven't put them on Ds yet, but they seem to be much thinner.

I like Liz's Cloth much better than Crickets, and they have cute prints and cost less! They seem VERY trim. My son does we through them with one pee, though, but he does that will all fitteds except cuddlebuns. Those I take off and I'm always wondering if he's gone at all yet!

Mommy to Jonah

sparkeze
04-02-2003, 01:14 AM
I thought that the OSWs were gigantic too!

So far, the trimmest fitted diapers I found are SOS, Sugarpeas, Cuddlebuns, and Liz's Cloth. I think the Sugarpeas and Liz's Cloth are the most absorbant out of those. I haven't tried Crickett's though. It depends on what cover you use over the diaper too - we're using all wool now and I have some very trim combos that I use when I want to put DS in pants, and bulkier combos that I use when he's either just at home or out wearing a playsuit or sweatpants. I haven't used the OSW since DS started walking (sold them) but he can walk fine with even his nighttime combo on, just can't sit though!