PDA

View Full Version : The poop came up her back (and onto me...)

etwahl
03-31-2003, 10:43 AM
Does that mean it's time to go to size 1? I panicked when this happened and just put the size 1 on her, because I assumed I would have to. But I was holding her over my shoulder when she was pooping and this was happening (holding her butt) so I'm wondering if this happened BECAUSE I held her butt and essentially pushed it out? Is there a chance she's NOT ready for size 1? I still have no idea how to tell.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

egoldber
03-31-2003, 11:14 AM
One blowout may or may not mean she has outgrown the size. If it happens again, I would start using size 1.

HTH,

khakismom
03-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Also, when you put her diaper on, tuck the back flap in (the part against her back). That will keep poop from coming up her back and should contain it in the diaper. This trick worked like a charm for me.

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03

LucyG
03-31-2003, 01:19 PM
We moved up to Size 1 this weekend. One way I could tell it was time was the fact that it was harder to stretch the fasteners around her tummy than it had been before. I did use up the newborn diapers first, though, to get my money's worth!

etwahl
03-31-2003, 01:38 PM
how old is your baby and what weight/size?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

nigele
03-31-2003, 02:18 PM
Hee, hee! Sorry to laugh but Thomas was on a once-a-week poop schedule for months and every time he pooped it was a blow-out! I don't think it matter what size the diapers is - if the poop is big enough it will come out of the diaper. Also, you may notice the back side of the diaper has less absorbancy than the front side.

LucyG
03-31-2003, 02:37 PM
My dd will be six weeks old on Wednesday. I'm not sure what she weighs now, but I think it's probably around 8 pounds. She is short, though (18 inches at birth).

Momof3Labs
03-31-2003, 02:40 PM
Up-the-back blowouts were pretty common for Colin. There just isn't enough time for the diaper to absorb things before they squish out, and if he was laying down (putting pressure) on that area, it happened even faster. But going to the next size diaper sometimes helped, after a series of blowouts. If we went to the next size diaper after every blowout though, we'd be in, like, size 42 by now! LOL!

I'd give the newborn diapers a little more time, but have a pack of size 1's on hand. She may be closer to moving into them than you think! Especially with all the weight she's gained - growing so well!!