PDA

View Full Version : Clothes and cloth diapers

proudmilitarywife
03-25-2003, 10:08 PM
I am trying to find out what clothes fit newborns best that also are in cloth diapers ? My son was 6 lbs 6 oz and as of last week emma was 5 lbs 4 oz also she had short legs on sonagram . So The doc thinks she will be no more then 7 and half lbs . And prob not to long . So what type of clothes do u think would be the best ? My son was not in cloth diapers so i am a little lost . thanks

Sarah
proud Airforce wife and mommy
Mom to david 8-13-99 and
Due 4-14-03

Momof3Labs
03-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Hmmm... newborn clothes are huge on most all babies! Even my 8lb, 4oz, 22" guy was swimming in them and would easily have had enough room for a cloth diaper. So I would think that 0-3 month sleepers (like Carter's terry cloth or knit) would do the trick for you!

KathyO
03-26-2003, 03:30 PM
I didn't have any problems fitting stuff over DD's cloth diapers (she wore mostly sleepers for the first while - it only became an issue when I considered pants or leggings - which are currently made for a very trim, narrow look, so... no go! I do find pants and overalls to fit her, but it just takes a bit of extra looking.

KathyO

sparkeze
03-27-2003, 12:31 AM
I think it gets harder if you want to put jeans/leggings type clothing on them. You shouldn't have a problem with newborn clothing since it's mostly loose and stretchy anyways. I was having a miserable time finding pants that weren't sweats to fit DS for awhile but now he's starting to slim down and some jeans are starting to fit over his CDs. If only he was a girl and I could just put dresses on him! Well, maybe next time!

Melanie
03-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Newborn clothes will be swimming on your baby anyhow, so I don't think you'll have much of a problem. If so, you can just size up into your 3-6 clothing.

If you really want leggings, get the Hanna Andersson Wiggle Pants! The ladies here were right - they are wonderful! We've got one pair and two more from eBay on the way!

Mommy to Jonah

proudmilitarywife
03-27-2003, 03:17 PM
I remember with my son in a regualr diaper that onsies were so tight where the snaps were but were soooooo lose everywhere eles . SO i thought maybe with cloth diapers the newborn onsies would even be tighter . I guess i will see soon .

Also i put david in lots of two piece outfits . with maybe a onsie under it . Of course that was after the cord feel off . i will prob just have to buy bigger sizes .