PDA

View Full Version : CREDIT CARD IN HAND!!! CD QUESTIONS...

mama2be
03-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Watch out...the credit card is in hand and I'm about to shop for CDs...

I was going to hold out till Tristan was 13 lbs on purchasing fuzzi bunz so that I can get him mediums and then he'd be in them till he is 25lbs...

I just realized Cricketts go from 10lbs to 25 lbs so I think I'll buy some of those right now.

QUESTION 1. I have a choice between hemp or cotton

QUESTION 2.I thought I'd read that the hemps have a smell to them, is that correct.

QUESTION 3. Anyone have experience if they work for a a skinnier baby Tristan weighs a lot for his age BUT is on the trim side, he doesn't have "folds" or "chunky legs"

QUESTION 4. I don't care for the rainbow edging in the diaper, I prefer his clothes to carry the look and not the diaper with a rainbow edging coming out of the outfit. I like a cleaner look of the edging matching the color of the diaper.

csa12
03-26-2003, 02:16 PM
You are so funny! I am in the same boat. My son Liam has his two month appointment this Friday and I am chomping at the bit to find out what his weight is. I have been waiting to purchase more CD's partly because I want to try new things but also because he has outgrown all of my prefolds. The kissaluvs still fit but I only have 12 of those, PLUS his covers don't fit anymore either!!!! I also plan to get some CD's from Crickett. I plan to get the hemp for the trimmer fit (Liam has pretty chunky legs). Although there is more prep work I like the idea of increased absorbancy too. I am curious too if there is a smell to them.

On a side note: I plan to use primarily wool/fleece covers b/c I am not a big fan of the manmade covers and that plasticky feeling. So far I have a fleece stacinator, ordered a aristocrat, and a bizzy bunz?? cover. Their sizing covers a wide range so I figured I am safe to go ahead and order them. Any other wool/fleece covers people like?

I know this doesn't answer your questions, but just wanted to share in your excitement about moving up in the CD world! :)

Have fun and can't wait to hear what you order,
Cheryl :)

Momof3Labs
03-26-2003, 02:27 PM
Hi Neve,

Well, as one of the big fans of Crickett's, I'll chime in here.

1. I like the hemp better. The organic cotton are fine, but they are thinner and don't work as well for us.

2. I haven't noticed a smell to the hemp, and I have a pretty sensitive nose.

3. Colin is VERY skinny - he was 14lbs, 27" at his 4 month appointment. That's 50th percentile on the weight and 95th+ on the height, so he is very skinny! And the Crickett's work great for us! Her elastic is a bit snugger than most WAHM dipes, so the leg holes don't sag and the waist fits well. Colin will be in the 10-25lb size for a while, I think, because there still is a lot of room on the snaps.

4. Once you put on the cover, you can't see the rainbow edging through his clothes. So I wouldn't worry too much about that, personally.

Another thing I like about Crickett's is that she snaps the soaker in the front, so I can fold it over and give Colin a double layer where he needs it most.

Hope this helps - and I hope that you like them!

mama2be
03-26-2003, 02:29 PM
Cheryl,

I wasn't even thinking that the cover (white) would cover the rainbow stiching...so the rainbow stiching won't hang out!!!! Thanks for reminding me of that. I have Prowraps in all sizes and bought the 2nds!!!

I really want some wool ones too. I love the classic look of the aristrocrat...keep me posted on which ones you like :)...

mama2be
03-26-2003, 02:32 PM
Lori...

Thanks so much, I was responding to Cheryl post I think while you were typing :)...because I did forget that the cover would cover the rainbows!!!! :)...

Well I am purchasing them today!!!
Sounds like I'd be safe buying them without getting just one to trial...what do you think??? I was thinking of gettig 12??? While the credit card is hot in my hand and I have DH's blessing (alittle)...:)...

Who do you buy them from...Cricketts or Kellyscloset???

EDITED TO ASK...are they as soft as Joey Bunz...everyone always says how soft they (JBs) are...

Thanks!!

egoldber
03-26-2003, 02:51 PM
I think you mean the FuzziBunz are soft, because they have a fleece pocket that you slip the JoeyBunz into (confusing I know). I have never tried the Cricketts, but I love my hemp Joeys, and I have not noticed any smell.

HTH,

MelissaTC
03-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Hemp, hemp, hemp! Get the hemp! I received this advice from Crickett herself when I was trying to decide. If you ever have any questions, feel free to e-mail her or call her 1-800 number. She is super nice and ready to help! (and chat too!)

Momof3Labs
03-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Neve,

I buy from www.juliesstuff.com - when I ordered my dozen last week, they were about 11.75 each, and she has free shipping for orders over $150.

I don't know about buying a dozen without trying them - there were diapers (like Fuzzi Bunz and Luke's Drawers) that people raved about and just didn't work for Colin's body shape. But since I'm buying one at a time, I can be picky about the different styles - if I had bought 12 FBs, for example, I'd probably make them work for us, but since I only have one, I can say that I don't like it.

Although if you buy a dozen and just don't like them, I'm sure that you could sell them to someone who likes them... ;-)

They do soften up nicely after a few washings - like t-shirts, though, not as soft as fleece (like FBs). You can always put a fleece liner in there if you would rather have fleece next to Tristan's skin (that's what I do).

Happy shopping!!

Calmegja
03-26-2003, 05:22 PM
I love hemp- I'm obsessed with only using the hemp joeys in my Bunz.

I have a Crickett's that I bought to try out, when I was figuring out my system. It's a fabulous dipe. If I had gone the fitteds/cover route, it would have been the winner. Really well made. I have two other hemp fitteds, and they just aren't the same.....

I just can't do much 2 steps 'round here. I've got a 10 month old whose mission in life is to escape all diaper changes, half naked, streaking across the floor! ;-)

I love hemp. And it doesn't hold smell at all. I love how "rough" you can launder it (hot water, high dry).....

blnony
03-26-2003, 06:35 PM
I also love the hemp. I think they hold more "stuff." I have 1 Crickett's hemp that I love . . . I keep thinking I need to get more and I too like the hemp joeybunz. Mine wash really well and don't have any smell.
I also like the Zippidy's Fleece fitteds. They are made really well and are soft like the FB.
I agree with others, you might just want to get one to try and see if you like it and it fits your little guy okay before you commit to a dozen. I bought mine at Juliesstuff.com, she also has the zippidy too.

mama2be
03-27-2003, 12:25 AM
I shopped around and it appears julie's stuff is the best price for me considering at Cricketts I have to pay taxes (in NC) and shipping (thanks Lori-you are always the rolodex of info and great deals!!!). So I am buying 13 tomorrow so it throws me over $150 so I can get free shipping :)...

I'm gambling with that many but sounds like they are the perfect diaper for for a non chubby boy and I am eager to start!!!! :)