PDA

View Full Version : Popular trim fitting fitted CD's?

csa12
03-21-2003, 10:43 AM
What are some trim-fitting fitted CD's people like using?

I am currently using Kissaluvs, but find them to be a bit bulky on my 8-week old. Otherwise, they are ok.

Appreciate the input,
Cheryl :)
Mom to Liam 1/24/03

egoldber
03-21-2003, 10:47 AM
The trimmest things I have tied are:

1) a CPF with a Snappi using the bikini twist and a very trim cover like a Bummis

2) a pocket diaper (like a Fuzzibunz) with a hemp insert

Both are pretty trim. The Fuzzibunz is as trim as a disposable.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
03-21-2003, 11:27 AM
I love Crickett's hemp!! They are pretty trim considering how absorbent they are (I don't need a doubler with these), and the elastic is a little snugger than most of the fitteds, good for skinnier babies. For a younger baby, you can use them without the soaker.

Fuzzibunz are trim but just aren't working for my little guy - red marks on the legs and they just don't stuff right (we need all the absorbency in the front).

The best price I found on the Crickett's was at www.juliesstuff.com.

csa12
03-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Thanks for bearing with all my questions. One more: what other pocket CD's exist besides Fuzzibunz? I will do a search, but am interested in hearing what other people like using, especially ones that are not as expensive.

Thanks again,

csa12
03-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi Lori -
Thanks for responding. How is the rise on Crickett's dipes are they as low on your son as Kissaluvs?

Thanks again,

mama2be
03-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Lori,

Cricketts is local here in Chapel Hill does she not have the best prices on her own products???? I want to purchase some based on your recommendation...

I think I want to wait for my investment once Tristan weighs about 12lbs so that I can stay in them. I plan on using PFs till then...Just trying to save mula!!!

egoldber
03-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Others I have seen recommended are Happy Heinies (~$13.50) and Zootkitty (~$12.50). I haven't tried either. All pocket CDs are in approximately the same price range. I would go with what fits your babe.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
03-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Cheryl,

I haven't tried Kissaluvs (although the one I ordered should be here next week) But I don't consider the rise on Crickett's to be low - they come up to his belly button, and he is long.

Neve - yes, Julie is lower than Crickett on Crickett's dipes! I'd suggest waiting until you see Tristan's body type - if he is a chubbier baby, they might not fit him as well. The leg elastic is snugger than most dipes.

mama2be
03-21-2003, 09:27 PM
I think he is going to be long and on the trim side...his cheeks are huge!!! but I don't think he is chubby (yet he weighs a lot). He might be solid but he doesn't appear chubby, his legs appear very long and he has calves.... (I don't know what to compare it to though)...:)...

AngelaS
03-22-2003, 09:29 AM
I like my Darling Diaper AIOS. They're pretty trim and very absorbant! I think she's working on a pocket diaper style too. :)

MelissaTC
03-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Neve,

Crickett's dipes are great! BUT...since we are in NC, we get slammed with tax and shipping...and then tax on the shipping! So for one dipe, you will pay $17 or so. It is the same if you win one of her auctions on ebay. I love her dipes and use them for Matthew at night. I want to get more but I think that I will order from Kelly's closet www.kellyscloset.com for those since her prices include shipping and there is no tax.

mama2be
03-22-2003, 05:17 PM
I think we can goa nd visit her and she will sell to us. Becasue I had emailed her once when I was going to be out in Chapel Hill and she had said that I could come by...

I guess though we would still have tax...

Melanie
03-24-2003, 05:22 AM
Bummer...I just ordered some kissaluvs to try!

Anyway, I think the most trim fitted diapers I have are [link:www.sugarpeas.com|SugarPeas] (hard to get, but she's going to be mass-producing very soon), [link:www.babybyyouboutique.com/|Cuddlebuns] (made by lots of WAHMs, and if you click in the links to their individual stores you will find more than are in this boutique-mine are from [link:www.righteousbaby.com/|Righteous Baby]) and [link:www.superdupas.com|Toadies].

I've also just ordered a Fuzzi Bunz and a Happy Heiny...I wanted these for night time, but it's nice to know that people think they're trim for day, too!

Mommy to Jonah

egoldber
03-24-2003, 09:22 AM
How trim they are depends on how you stuff them. It needs to be a trim soaker, like a JoeyBunz, to make the FB really trim.

HTH,

csa12
03-24-2003, 11:21 AM
I forgot to mention that my son is a chunker. He has pretty thick legs and thighs so the Kissaluvs may fit differently on your Jonah if he is skinny. Otherwise I like them--easy to use and so cute. I find that I can't put a lot of his current clothing on him because his rear is too big to fit!

Mom to Liam 1/24/03

Melanie
03-24-2003, 02:30 PM
I ordered some hemp fleece to stuff them...I heard they are more absorbant, but thinner. We'll see...

Jonah used to be a chunker (I still can't believe when I look at this 6 month pictures that it's the same boy!), but he's thinning out! We especially noticed this weekend when we went to put a disposable swim diaper on him from the same package we used last year...it was much easier this year!

Mommy to Jonah