PDA

View Full Version : The Best CD covers?

somedayamommy
03-17-2003, 04:36 PM
We are planning on using cloth diapers. We will be using a service, but need to have our own covers. Which ones are the best? How many do I need? And where do I buy them?

AngelaS
03-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Over prefolds my favorite covers are ProRaps. You can buy them directly from Proservices, who have a 1 800 number. You can buy their second quality covers for $3 each. I had seconds and never saw any flaws!

I used prefolds when dd was a newborn and had 4 newborn covers. I would have liked to have had 6 or 8 covers. I snappied my prefolds but breastmilk poop is SO runny that we often went thru three or even 4 covers a day.

HTH.

Zansu
03-17-2003, 07:00 PM
You may want to check with your service to see if they offer a cover service too. The service I use will wash covers and AIOsm which you purchase from them. When you're done with CDing, they will buy them back.

We have tried Proraps, Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, Diaperaps, Imsi Vimsis, and ME Rikkis.

The Bummi SWWs are the easiest to wash. The cover has an extra square of loop to fasten the hooked tab onto while they are laundered, so that the tabs don't catch on other covers. You can even wash them with the regular laundry, if you wanted to.

I just ordered some Proraps seconds b/c I like the first-quality covers I purchased previously.

I'd skip the Diaperaps.

I've purchased from a variety of sites, but there's no clear favorite.

HTH
Suzanne

RiaHannam
03-17-2003, 07:51 PM
My favorites over prefolds are Bummi Sww's (I love these because you don't have to baby them.... they are very sturdy), Dappi or Bummi nylon pull-ons (need to use a snappi or pins), Bumkins and Proraps.
You may be able to purchase them from your diaper service or check online. I get stuff at:

http://www.californiababestuff.com/

or

http://www.cottontailsdiapers.com/

but there are many other places that carry them too.

Maria

Due with #4 May 9th (hoping for PINK this time!)

Melanie
03-18-2003, 06:14 PM
I like [link:www.motherease.com|Motherease] Rikki Wraps for over prefolds b/c you don't have to pin or snappi. If you are adept at pinning and snappi-ing, then I'd say [link:www.theposiepatch.com|Posie Patch] or [link:www.diapercovers.com/index.html|Polar Babies] Happy Pants (you can buy them other places, too). The Posie Patch are similiar to Motherease Airflows, but cute prints and less expensive. The Happy pants are laminate fleece so they are pretty trim as compared to other fleece wraps.

I had some Bumkins Covers b/c the styling is similiar to the Rikki Wraps in that you don't need pins/snappi, but I just didn't like them as much so I sold them. They are more plasticy-feeling and seem to run small.

janinegillot
03-19-2003, 12:55 AM
I've heard good things about the zootkitty covers, and you get to choose the outer fabric. They cost about the same as other covers, too.
http://www.zootkitty.com/
Janine

egoldber
03-19-2003, 10:42 AM
How is the sizing of the Posie Patch covers compared to Motherease Airflows? I love the Airflows, but would like something a little cuter for Sarah to wear in the spring/summer under dresses.

TIA!