PDA

View Full Version : CD cover sampler

csa12
03-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Suprisingly enough ( to me at least, but probably not to other experienced Cd'ers) my 7 1/2 week old son has outgrown his cd covers!!! Does anyone know of a decent cd cover sampler I should try out? I am mainly looking for a good variety of covers and don't mind paying a little more to try different things.

So far so good with the CD experiment. Thanks to everyone for their excellent advice helping me get set up,

Cheryl :)
Mom to Liam 1/24/03

Momof3Labs
03-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Cheryl,

I'm new to CD'ing, too, but haven't seen a cover-only sampler in my searches. The good news, though, is that the samplers aren't much cheaper than buying things individually, so you could just make your own sampler. www.naturalbabies.com has a lot of choices in stock; you might want to start there. eBay is another place - the smaller stuff tends not to have as many buyers and is in good shape because babies grow so quickly!

csa12
03-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Hi Lori -
Thanks for your response. You are right, I found a few samplers that peaked my interest, but nothing I loved. Just in case you or anyone else is looking, I found a sampler at earthbaby.com that included a FB, bumpy day and night, bummis, and prowraps for about $70. There is also a sampler at NaturalEbaby that included CPF's, a FB, 2 JB, a prowrap AIO and cover, and bumpy day cover for $65. Finally Punkinbutt.com has a singles sampler that includes a FB, stacinator, bumkins and other cd accessories for about $65.

The sampler at earthbaby looked like the most intersting to me, but I am worried about how much more Liam will grow (so quickly!). I may wait to invest in more specialized covers until he is a bit older (maybe after he's hit the 3 month mark?) I wonder what other people have done?

Thanks again,

C99
03-17-2003, 01:31 PM
You can get prowraps seconds for $3 each + $5.95 shipping (for up to 7) by calling them directly, if you are looking to try those cheaply.

parkersmama
03-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Cheryl,

Do a search in this forum on with CD in the keyword. I know there was post a while back where someone had gotten a good sampler that was only covers but I can't remember who it was or where they got it! HTH!

Karenn
03-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Is this the thread you're talking about? On post 13 Nohomama talks about a "Just the Wraps" package she got at earthbaby.com.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/258.html#3

parkersmama
03-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Yeah, that's it! I knew it was out there somewhere but was in a hurry when I posted. Thanks for looking it up!

csa12
03-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone! That's the package I was considering. Now I am wondering if I should wait until Liam is finished wtih his growth spurts until investing in more expensive covers. If I wait I will just get some prowraps to tide us over till Liam is 3-4 months old.

What does everyone else think?

nohomama
03-18-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey there. I loved the "Just the Wraps" package and I waited until Lola outgrew all her newborn wraps before ordering it the first time (Lola grew FAST but not, it seems, as fast as Liam). She was probably somewhere between 2 1/2 & 3 months old at the time.

Good luck,

csa12
03-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi Sarah -
That seems to make the most sense as far as getting the most bang for the buck. It's funny - at birth Liam was a peanut at 6 pounds 6 ounces, but now I think he is making up for lost time as far putting on weight. Now I am sure he is at least 10 pounds!!

Thanks again for the input!