PDA

View Full Version : Best Baby Wipes?

1st Time Mommy
03-13-2003, 09:02 AM
Is their a brand you prefer?

momathome
03-13-2003, 09:10 AM
My favorites, which I have now used for both of my girls, are the Huggies Natural Care Unscented wipes. They are not too expensive but are soft and work well. Good luck!
-Lauren

bnme
03-13-2003, 09:11 AM
I second Huggies Natural Car, although I find them hard to get out of the dispenser...they tend to stick together.

Andrea S
03-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Pamper sensitive wipes. I do not like the huggies come our of the dispenser. If you have a Costco I know alot of people like their brand.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

MinnieMouse
03-13-2003, 09:58 AM
We actually thought the Huggies wipes were TOO thick to use well. It makes it harder to clean up poopy diapers. We use the unscented Pampers wipes with Aloe. They work great.

HTH

Christine

sweetbasil
03-13-2003, 10:01 AM
We, too, use Huggies Unscented. We tried the Sam's Club brand for a while, but the excess liquid in the bottom of the tub started smelling like ammonia and irritating DS's little toosh. After the second tub did the same thing, we quit using them altogether.

egoldber
03-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Of the disposable wipes, I prefer Huggies Natural Care. DH prefers Pampers Unscented (pop-up style). I think the Pampers ones have too much liquid and also find it irritating that the pop-up thingie doesn't always work.

Now that I have switched to cloth diapers, I use cloth wipes 90% of the time. These work much better than the other type, but the disposables are handier for out and about.

I tried the Costco brand wipes once and thought they were too small and too thin.

HTH,

Karenn
03-13-2003, 12:18 PM
I like Huggies Natural care. I like the thickness, and this probably doesn't matter, but I got it into my head that the texture that comes from the little bear prints on the wipes helps clean up after especially messy diapers. I wasn't especially fond of the Costco brand. Pop-ups drive me crazy.

parkersmama
03-13-2003, 12:32 PM
We use the Huggies wipes in the diaper bag because they have a better travel container. Huggies wipes, though, aren't wet enough and dry out quickly. My favorite wipes for home were the Pampers rash care but I can't find them anymore so I think they've been discontinued. Since that I've been using Luvs wipes (which are essentially the same as Pampers...both made by P&G) and they are okay. I think that both the Pampers and the Luvs are almost too wet! (I just can't be pleased, huh? LOL!) I absolutely HATE the pop-up boxes!!! I'm sure that some dummy at P&G thought they'd be more convenient but having used the orignal version for years without the pop-up, it just drives me nuts that the pop-up feature almost never works and I have to dig my fingers down into the little pop-up hole to locate the wipe and pull it through. I've tried store brand wipes (WalMart, Target, so on) and from what I've seen they are all too thin and papery to get the job done. I do think that the textured wipes are better at cleaning up poopy messes.

We are going to use cloth diapers with our new baby and I'm planning to use cloth wipes at least at home and possibly out and about as well. I'm looking forward to using them since apparently there just isn't a disposable wipe out there that will make me happy! LOL!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

Momof3Labs
03-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Huggies Supreme Care. I don't like that they stick together, but I do like that they are free from some chemical (propylene glycol) that can be irritating to little baby bottoms. All the other Huggies and Pampers wipes contain this chemical.

khakismom
03-13-2003, 12:36 PM
In 2 years, I think we've tried almost every brand of wipe out there. After trying all these wipes, our favorites are the Johnson and Johnson brand. So far, I have only seen them sold at BRU (they come in a pink box). They are not too thick (Huggies were too thick for us), don't leave any residue (the way Pampers did), aren't real heavy on the smell, and aren't too wet or dry. In short, we love them.

The BRU brand Especially for Baby Premium wipes are great too. Very similar to the J&J ones. And the Target brand is not bad either.

Of course, hands down IMHO, the best wipes are Mustela. But they are way too expensive to justify the cost of $10 a box (vs. $2-something for other brands). :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Baby girl EDD 6/12/03

shibababy
03-13-2003, 02:08 PM
I liked Pampers w/aloe the best, but have discovered Pure & Gentle wipes from the 99cent store. I stock up on these and love them. They are the perfect size and thickness. They come in 80 count bags. Sometimes, I do need to double them up for BMs. but don't sweat the cost of these anymore. I usually buy about 10 packs at a time and my closet stays stocked, I never run out.

kclm
03-13-2003, 06:25 PM
We love the Kirkland brand of wipes from Costco. Real cloth, always moist, unscented, and inexpensive to boot! :)

Karen
Tad, 11/21/02