PDA

View Full Version : BRUs Diapers?

kclm
03-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but I just looked through pages & pages of old questions & I can't find it. Does anyone have experience with the BRUs store brand of diapers?

Thanks!

Karen
Tad, 11/21/02

Momof3Labs
03-07-2003, 06:50 PM
A little. They are similar to Huggies and the Target/Wal-mart generics. You can always try a package, and if they don't work for you, return them. BRU will take them back. They didn't work for us, but neither did Huggies in Colin's early days.

mamahill
03-07-2003, 07:18 PM
We LOVE the BRU diapers. We're going to switch to cloth, but when I still need disposables, I'll use the BRU ones. They are every bit as absorbant as Pampers Baby Dry (Huggies did not work for us), in my estimation, and I think they're a little less stiff. One thing, though. I noticed that they ran a little smaller than Pampers/Huggies. For us that worked great since Ainsleigh is a little smaller. And when Ainsleigh was too big for the size 2 in Pampers but the size 3s were a little too big (still are), the BRU size 3s were perfect. I love these and can't say enough good. I'm so glad that a friend of a friend passed on her leftovers to me!

One more thing, to illustrate their absorbancy, though I'm not pleased with this story. Just a couple nights ago DH got Ainsleigh ready for bed. In the morning when I went to change her at 7:30, I noticed her diaper was ridiculously full. I didn't remember her drinking an exceptional amount of milk, so I asked DH sweetly (though already anticipating his answer), "Did you change Ainsleigh's diaper last night before putting her in her sleeper?" The blank and then horrified look on his face said it all. She had been sitting in that diaper since 5:30 the night before. And no leaks - not her bed, onesie or sleeper. And amazingly enough, no red bum either! So there you go!

kclm
03-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks very much!

Karen