PDA

View Full Version : First CD purchase!!!

sntm
03-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Made my first cloth diaper purchase -- barely used and some new stuff from a woman on the parents place board.

Getting:
Kissaluvs 4 unbleached
Motherease 7 Sandys
Motherease 2 Rikki wraps
Bumpy wool cover
Bumpkins small AIO
Bummis super snap cover
several Luke's drawers and other wipes
an unopened Burt's Bees diaper ointment

for $125 including shipping.

Very interested in the Bumkins AIO. From what I hear it is one of the least bulky (my main dislike of the cloth diapers I've seen.)

Was also going to try Prowraps AIO, Kushies AIOs (classic and ultra), Cot'n'wrap cover, and maybe a FuzziBunz. Then some doublers (fleece or terry?)Will probably get a few CPF (with snappis) to play with and to also use as doublers.

Opinions? Anything I am missing? Should this be enough to start out with?

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

C99
03-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Do you want to do it full-time? If so, you'll prob need more than 11 dipes unless you want to do laundry daily. I have 20 dipes right now and I do laundry every other day.

I just ordered 2 prowraps AIOs myself and I really like them. I don't actually like the Bumkins as much b/c they aren't gusseted. Nate is pretty skinny, so he nearly always has a small poop blow-out in the Bumkins b/c they don't fit snugly. But if you have a chubby baby, it shouldn't be a problem. Also, I'm not sure a NB will need a doubler.

janinegillot
03-04-2003, 02:58 PM
I haven't had my baby yet, and don't have firsthand experience, but you might want to look at Little Lamb's AIO's. They're having a sale now on the quick dry AIO's and they're only $9.50 each. They get good reviews on another board I visit and you get to choose the outer fabric. I ordered 2, but haven't received them yet... Here's the link: http://www.cutest-cloth-diapers.com/
Janine

egoldber
03-04-2003, 03:00 PM
FYI, only the Kushies Ultra are an AIO. the "Classics" have a layer of PUL in there somewhere, but you do need a cover with these. And these are much bulkier than Bumkins AIOs.

Usually a trim fitted and a cover is less bulky than an AIO. A FuzziBunz with a hemp insert is about the trimmest combination.

I also agree you need a lot more diapers. Newborns need to be changed 10-12 times a day.

What size are the diapers you ordered? If the Sandies are small (and not extra small) they may not fit a newborn for awhile.

A lot of people really like infant prefolds and Prorap covers for the first few weeks. This is a cheap and effective solution until your baby grows into some of the fitteds/AIOs and isn't pooping around the clock. :)

HTH,