PDA

View Full Version : I amazed at all you CDers!

twins r fun
02-25-2003, 10:45 PM
Every week there are new people switching over. I am amazed at how many people do it! You all must be so organized. I have to say I will never be able to join you. I have had to pull dirty pajamas out of the laundry basket for two nights now in order to put my boys to bed! And they have 8 or 9 pairs each! Keeping up with laundry is definitely not my strength! Can you imagine my poor kids if I switched to cloth diapers-they'd probably have their butts wrapped in a roll of paper towels half the time! Anyway I admire your organization or whatever it is you have that allows you to pull CDing off.

Nicole

egoldber
02-25-2003, 11:04 PM
To be honest, it's easier than having to remember to buy diapers!

Also, my washing machine is about 10 steps away from my diaper pail. That helps a lot! But you just work it in to your routine. I do diaper laundry a LOT more often than I do regular laundry, so it's just part of the day, like brushing your teeth.

And I thought you were SUPPOSED to re-use PJs. :)

AngelaS
02-26-2003, 08:36 AM
LOL--we reuse pjs too! At least two nights, more if dd can convince me her favorite pair isn't dirty. :)

I only wash diapers about 3 times a week. It's no big deal and I look at it as excercise. The diaper pail's on the second floor and the laundry room's in the basement. :D

parkersmama
02-26-2003, 10:46 AM
We re-use pjs too. At least 2 nights unless someone has an accident or spills their cereal milk! I'm planning to CD but I figure with 5 of us in the house the washing machine and dryer will be going constantly so what difference will it make?

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

Melanie
02-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Well, I don't have twins and I am in awe of the mamas who do...but washing the diapers hasn't been tough at all. It's kind of a mind-numbing therapeutic activity for me. Plus it's cute. Even Dh thinks they're cute blowing in the breeze on the line.

Mommy to Jonah

sparkeze
02-26-2003, 10:58 PM
I don't find that it's a lot of work at all, and I go down to the building basement to do laundry!

I was washing a lot of poopy clothing before I started CDs so it kind of evens out. I do diapers about once or twice a week.

twins r fun
02-26-2003, 11:19 PM
Oh my god! You have to line dry them, too! Now I'm really amazed.

But it sounds like once you do it (like having twins), it's just part of your routine and isn't a big deal to you. Never for me, though. I actually tried to do laundry today and ended up pulling more jammies out of the piles for bed tonight!

Nicole

Melanie
02-27-2003, 02:56 AM
>Oh my god! You have to line dry them, too! Now I'm really
>amazed.
>

You don't HAVE to (unless you buy wool), it's just cheaper b/c some take a long time to dry and the ones with PUL (plasticy part) are supposed to last longer that way.

I've been drying in the machine a lot lately due to the weather.

Mommy to Jonah