PDA

View Full Version : CDs on a newborn?

Rhonda36
02-26-2003, 04:37 PM
I've got a stash of supplies for CD'ing when our bundle gets here (10 weeks, but who's counting), and now I'm worried that maybe I should have added some covers that have the umbilical cord dip. I have newborn size bummi sww, but they don't have the dip. I think proraps do...

anyone CD from the get-go? any advice?

Thanks!

C99
02-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Honestly? I thought that I was going to CD right from the get-go, but I found it easier to use Pampers Newborns with the cut-out for the umbilical cord until Nate's cord fell off (~2 weeks). New parenthood is SO overwhelming on it's own.

nohomama
02-26-2003, 10:44 PM
We used disposables for the first 5 days, until the meconium passed and our diaper service was next scheduled to deliver to our area. I had 6 newborn sized Prowraps and used them until Lola outgrew them (they do have the "dip," by the way).

Lola's cord fell off when she was about 10 days old. I think the average is about two weeks. If you're concerned about it, I'd recommend going ahead and ordering one or two with the cut-out. It's not an issue for long enough that I'd recommend buying more.

HTH,