PDA

View Full Version : CD AIO/fitteds recommendations

C99
02-23-2003, 11:16 PM
I have 12 size 0 Kissaluvs fitteds and 6 Bumkins size small AIOs. They are HUGE on Nate. The Kissaluvs are on the smallest snap settings and the Bumkins are cinched to the tightest velcro fastening. I orig. started out with some ME Sandies and they didn't look like they'd fit Nate for another 6 months. I'm doing dipes every 2-3 days right now, but want to get some more fitteds or AIOs as well. What are some recommendations? More Kissaluvs? Are there any great AIO recs? Nate's only 6 lbs and he SQUIRMS way too much for me to use CPFs, so I'm not interested in those for now. Any ideas? Help!

TIAb

Melanie
02-24-2003, 04:44 AM
Maybe try some One-Size fitted diapers instead of more Kissaluvs, since you want them to fit now (he sounds slim) but probably would like them to last a while.

The One-size diapers that come to my mind are SOS (www.sosdiapers.com), Luke's Drawers (http://www.lukesdrawers.com) One-Size Wonders or Motherease One-Size. I think my Luke's Drawers are more trim than the SOS, plus you can buy their new contour insert to make them even more trim (I've heard).

As for AIOs, Bumkins are the most trim that we own. If a small Bumkins is really large on him, I'm wondering if most AIOs wouldn't look as though he's been swallowed by his diaper. ;)

Mommy to Jonah

AngelaS
02-24-2003, 08:10 AM
If you want the trimmest fit, CPFs would be the answer. That's what I used on my newborn, because I didn't want to invest a lot in a diaper that she wouldn't wear long. DD wore the infant cpfs and newborn Proraps for a good four months.

But, you want AIOs and fitteds. I've only heard raves about the Kissaluvs size 0. Personally that would be my pick. If they still close on the smallest snap setting, he's going to be in them a while and will probably outgrow them absorbancy wise before he outgrows them size wise. (That's what my dd did with her size 1s).

My favorite AIOs are Darling diapers and Heavenly Hineys. I'm not sure if either of them has a newborn size tho.

I'm guessing that any onesize diaper is going to be huge on him for a good length of time. I've heard good things about the other recommendations, but I wouldn't recommend a onesize diaper for a newborn.

LOL After all that, I'd break down and get some cpfs and a snappi or else more Kissaluvs. :) Or stay with what you've got---do you want to wait longer than 3 days before washing? :D

nohomama
02-24-2003, 09:08 AM
If you think Nate won't be still enough for you to snappi a CPF, don't use the snappi. You can use the diaper cover to secure the diaper. You'll likely have to rinse the cover after a poop but, if the cover fits well, you shouldn't have problems with blowouts. Also, try preparing the diapers before you've got Nate on the changing table by folding the diaper and laying it in the cover. That way all you'll need to do is slide it under his bum and fasten it, not unlike putting on a fitted or AIO.

mama2be
02-24-2003, 09:21 AM
Caroline,

As you know I am in no situation to endorse any products yet...but thought you might want to check out this one company because she seems to so custom make items and if I had the extra funds I'd give her a try. I also think her products are very inexpensive.

www.justinsbuttons.com Her fabrics are adorable too...

She has a trim fit advertised and she customs the material inside and out, snaps and all...

If you try them please let me know what you think. I have yet to find a review on her, but she has been very nice in correspondance and again has offered to size specifically.
I think it was Jalin here on the boards who told me about her, but she put in an order so I never heard the review. If my computer didn't act up everytime I went to Parents Place I'd go ask those gals about them...

egoldber
02-24-2003, 10:33 AM
How about some Xtra Small Motherease Sandies? They are for smaller babies. I have read that Onesize diapers really don't fit well until a baby is about 10-12 pounds, so that may not be the way to go roght now.

HTH,

sparkeze
02-24-2003, 12:43 PM
I would definitely not recommend buying diapers that would fit your son great right now. He'll just outgrow them in a few weeks.

I second the cpf in a wrap. A friend of mine folds them in thirds the wrong way, puts it in a wrap and doesn't snappi or pin. It looks really fast and easy - however when her son poops it gets on the cover 75% of the time. So if you don't mind washing covers more frequently that might be a good way to go until he grows into fitteds and AIOs a liitle more.

Although a lot of onesize diapers say they start at 8-10 lbs, they will be very bulky for a 6 lb baby. You could try www.diaperbabies.com for their ittybittybuns. You could probably get a small and have it fit pretty well now and also for a few more months. There's also prorap AIOs that have gussets (good for poop!) and are inexpensive. You can get those at www.naturalebaby.com or naturalbabies.com. For cuter AIOs try www.littlelambs.com. Those are inexpensive too.

mama2be
02-24-2003, 12:57 PM
...Also Prowraps sells second quality covers at $3 each...
When I posted on Parents Place asking for feed back on the 2nds several folks responded and not one had a negative comment...

Momof3Labs
02-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Neve,

Where did you get the Proraps seconds? I am starting to consider CDing - I'm getting frustrated with disposables!

Thanks!

egoldber
02-24-2003, 03:35 PM
You have to call the company directly and ask for them. Here's the number: 1-800-397-8594

I'be never ordered their seconds, but I have been happy with the regular Classic covers (I didn't like their snap cover so well). The "full" price on their covers is about $6.50. I "think" the second are $3 or $4.

HTH,

mama2be
02-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Oops sorry I took a nap...and it is 60 plus degrees outside so I feel like a fool and that I am wasting a great day!!!!! Glad Beth had that number...

Mine were $3 and they also sold bags for the can as seconds too if I am not mistaken. There was the shipping on top of that. But i think I ordered 6 each of NB,S,M. Toddler at $3 each so I couldn't go wrong and had one shipping fee...

Then I have the 24 European PFs (I need 12 more of something) and think I'll buy some fitteds for baby sitters to use...so I can go and see Cirque De Soleil in 6 weeks!!!

Then I got the snappi's I think at a $1 each

Then I cut fleece in the shape of sanitary napkins to go in them

Then I cut fleece in the shape of an hour glass kind of so if I do the above folds of folding the PF in 3's in the opposite direction and putting it in the diaper I have those to wrap around baby (someone recommended this on Parents Place).

If I found $100 and knew how to use PayPal without going thru DH...I'd buy 3 wool covers (I thought I wanted Imse Vimse) but am really liking the classic look of the aristrocrat

I'd buy several fleece covered Joey Bunz (their absorbabnt "sanitary like pads" that you lay in your diaper)...I forgot if they are considered "liners" or "soakers" (all of that research has escaped me already...

I really have spent very very litte on what I have...

Now will it work? That is to be seen...cross your fingers.

I did get as a shower gift 2 things of newborn pampers so will use those till miconium passes.

Edited to add I also bought some velour wipes from Darling Diapers that are adorable and so soft. But truth be told I am certain if I bought a bunch of Costco's washcloths (their white ones packaged in like 20) that they'd be the best option. I love those washcloths from Costco they just seem to grip...But the royal blue velour just seemed "fun" :)...

HTH...