PDA

View Full Version : All-In-One CDs

Zansu
02-11-2003, 12:48 PM
We've been using CPFs with covers for DS for 9 months. But I'm considering the switch to AIOs. DS goes to DC, and they haven't had a problem with CPFs, but I'm sure they would prefer AIOs.

So which AIOs do you like the best, and why?

What's your favorite website for AIOs?

And what's the best choice for disposable liners?

TIA
Suzanne
W&P for Benjamin 5/1/02

sparkeze
02-11-2003, 02:49 PM
There are too many that I like but I'll list some sites:
www.lukesdrawers.com
www.naturalbabies.com (they sell Bizzy Bs, Manyducks, and Luke's Drawers, in addition to others)
www.fullmoonbabygear.com
www.buckeyebottoms.com
www.zootkitty.com
www.ivy-rose.com
www.starbunz.com

I think Bumkins are probably the most userfriendly since they work just like disposables, but I didn't really like them. If you're going for inexpensive, prorap AIOs are okay. If you want cute, well check out some of the above sites! I generally look for quick dry (snap in soakers) so that they'll dry as fast as all my other diapers, and I've found that PUL outers (as opposed to print outers) generally don't wick. The print outers wick eventually, but if there's enough diaper in there to hold all the pee it shouldn't wick for a few hours. But I change DS often enough that mine don't wick. Another easy to use one is the ME AIO. But I prefer cute ones!

egoldber
02-11-2003, 03:09 PM
I really like Bumkins AIOs. If Sarah is going to be in them for awhile then I add a small JoeyBunz, since it is not as absorbant as a "regular" diaper.

I also like the Motherease AIOs, but not as well as the Bumkins.

I try to order everything I can from Collen at naturalbabies.com. She is absolute the best to work with.

I have come to prefer rice paper liners. I think I got mine from naturalbabies, but it could have been kellyscloset.com as well.

HTH,

Melanie
02-12-2003, 04:49 AM
I like Bumkins. I also add a doubler if it might be a little longer than usual, but I've never had a leak with these yet.

I like the Motherease one okay, it's a little low on the rise for my taste.

I've also tried Funky Babies and RUN don't walk away from these. Leak with one pee and are really small.

Country Cozies are nice. They are big b/c they're fleece outer instead of PUL, but I like them, too. Really well made.

I'm also trying a Toadies (love their fitteds) and a Darling Diapers but I Have not used them enough to comment on absorbancy.

Mommy to Jonah

Zansu
02-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. I'll be doin' a little shopping this weekend. :)

AngelaS
02-14-2003, 08:01 AM
I love my Darling Diapers AIO the best! I bought a kit from Amber and made several myself too and they were SO easy! :)

I also like my Heavenly Hiney----Gabrielle has one with her name on the bum and it's SO cute! LOL

Melanie
02-14-2003, 02:47 PM
"I love my Darling Diapers AIO the best! I bought a kit from Amber and made several myself too and they were SO easy"

Do you need a fancy sewing machine for it, or is the usual fine? I'm not a big sewer, but I've seen some things which tempted me, then I notice most all of the WAHM fitteds use a serger and I don't have that. Or a special snap-setter.

Ds is sportin' his Valentine Darling Diapers AIO right now.

Mommy to Jonah

AngelaS
02-15-2003, 09:25 AM
No, you don't need a serger to make Darling Diapers. I have one, but I use just my plain ol' Singer on the DD. It works great! Just be sure to STREEEETCH the elastic! Her instructions are really clear and easy to follow! :)

egoldber
02-15-2003, 10:42 AM
I didn't see any kits on her website. Where did you find out about it? Do you have to contact her directly?

TIA!

AngelaS
02-15-2003, 04:37 PM
They used to be on her site and I know if you email her, she'll put one together for you. :)

janinegillot
02-15-2003, 11:34 PM
Since the darling diapers patterns on shown on her web site anymore, could you tell me what they look like? Are they the same as one of the kinds that she makes? How do they compare to Poo Pockets (if you've tried those).
Janine

Calmegja
02-16-2003, 08:04 PM
I love the Bumkins AIOs, but I am concerned with their care...since you can't wash them in hot, and you can't dry them on med or high....how do you get them really clean?

I have five, and I've got Dh using them as we slowly switch over, but I'm really concerned about being able to keep them super clean....

What do you guys do to wash them? I use fleece liners with them, and I have a roll of Kushies, just haven't used them yet...

Thanks for letting me pick your brains again!

egoldber
02-16-2003, 09:24 PM
I wash and dry my Bumkins with all my other diapers. Here is what I do:

I do a full wash cycle in cold with a 1/4 recommended amount of Tide. My washer has an optional 2 hour soak cycle and I turn that option on. I then follow this with a full wash cycle on hot. My diapers are all really clean. I then dry everything (except covers and FuzziBunz) in the dryer on high for 50 minutes.

My Bumkins all look great. I have several, but I typically only use them when I am going out, so on average I use about 1-2 a day.

HTH,

AngelaS
02-17-2003, 08:17 AM
You don't actually buy a pattern, you buy a kit. You'll get the PUL already cut, along with two layers of flannel that make up the body. You also get elastic and aplix.

To make your patttern, you simply trace the pieces she sends you. :)

They are exactly like the ones she makes. I've never used a PooPocket. Hers are not a pocket diaper. They're an AIO that you just lay the soaker into. :) HTH!

egoldber
02-17-2003, 08:36 AM
I have read that you can convert a pattern to a pocket diaper pretty easily. Just leave the back open about 5 inches and slide the soaker inside instead of laying it in.

HTH,

Calmegja
02-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Thanks...that make me feel braver about washing and drying the Bumkins...I was being too delicate...I feel much better now! ;-)

C99
02-17-2003, 03:42 PM
A friend of mine told me about this site: http://diapershop.com , which sells diaper-making supplies (including patterns).

HTH

AngelaS
02-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Since there are no diaper pics at darling diapers.com, I took a picture of the ones I've made. :) Here's my small Sew Darling stash.. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1156558&uid=678531&members=1

Angela

egoldber
02-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Adorable! Did you copy the white one from the red kit? Or did you get two kits?

And that knitted dress is beautiful!

nohomama
02-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Do you think someone of only moderate sewing ability could put together one of those kits? Also is it just a matter of tracing to knock off the pattern myself?

mama2be
02-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Gorgeous, diapers, gorgeous dress and beautiful Gabrielle!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!

AngelaS
02-19-2003, 04:21 PM
I bought the red one as a kit and then just traced the pieces to make the other diapers. They are SO easy! I'm a good sewer, but I'd say these are easy enough for a beginner! :) The hardest part is stretching the elastic enough to make the leg holes tight enough and after the second try I had that totally figured out too!

HTH!

Melanie
02-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Angela those are great! My DD AIO is a snap-side, I'm glad to see she sells kits for velcro-front. Was getting the velcro on difficult? I've never had any luck sewing that stuff.

Mommy to Jonah

AngelaS
02-20-2003, 07:44 AM
I didn't realize Amber had started doing the snap diapers. Cool!

No the velcro was a piece of cake! :D